South China Agricultural University
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|华南农学院 (South China Agricultural College)|
|Location||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Green and White
|Campus||Guangzhou:2.95 square kilometres (1.14 sq mi), Zengcheng:2.57 square kilometres (0.99 sq mi),|
|School Song||“金色的理想”(Golden Ideal)|
South China Agricultural University (SCAU) (Chinese: 华南农业大学/華南農業大學) commonly referred to as SCAU, is a public university in Guangzhou, China. Founded in 1909. Main campus settles in Wushan, Guangzhou, People's Republic of China. The university has 26 colleges/department and more than 40,000 students, including international students from 27 countries. The main feature of the university is biology science.
- Formerly known as the South China Agricultural College（华南农学院）, it was established in 1952, through a reorganization process that unified the agricultural schools and departments of universities from 2 provinces in Southern China, including the former National Sun Yat-sen University, Lingnan University, Guangxi University.
- In 1979, it was selected as one of National Key Universities.
- The University was renamed as South China Agricultural University in 1984.
The total enrollment of students is over 43,000, comprising 37,820 undergraduates, 5,394 graduates and 89 foreign students from 27 countries.
It has established inter-institutional ties with twenty-three universities from thirteen countries in Europe, America, Asia and Oceania. There are more and more academic exchanges between SCAU and universities in HongKong and Macao. In promoting the international multi-agricultural technological exchanges, the UNDP, FAO and WFC have attached great importance to the university and established the Regional Sericulture Training Center for Asia and Pacific and China International Center for Agricultural Training in SCAU. Up to now, the university has trained around 1000 overseas students and numerous research and government officials from over 50 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, America, and Oceania.
The Modern Educational Technology Center is installed with visual-audio and multi-media input-output equipment. Other direct services for students include:
- one on-campus English-learning radio
- one Employment Orientation Center for Graduating Students
- one Work for Study Service Center
- one Psychological Center
- two Students' Activity Center
- three stadiums with standardized synthetic rubber tracks and other specialized playgrounds are available for different sports
- The collection of the university library surpasses 7.14 million copies.
- 19 on-campus fieldwork bases and 339 off-campus fieldwork bases are open to students.
Colleges and schools
- College of Agriculture
- College of Resources and Environment
- College of Economics and Management
- College of Horticulture
- College of Engineering
- College of Life Science
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Animal Science
- College of Food Science
- College of Forestry and Landscape Architecture
- School of Humanities and Law
- College of Materials and Energy
- College of Mathematics and Informatics
- College of Software Engineering
- College of Arts
- College of Foreign Studies
- College of Conservancy and Civil Engineering
- College of Public Management
- College of Electronic Engineering
- College of Marine Sciences
- College of Continuing Education
- College of International Education
- College of Marxism
- Department of Physical Education
- Pearl River College
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to South China Agricultural University.|