Stoked (TV series)
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Fresh TV|
|Original release||June 25, 2009– January 26, 2013|
Stoked (stylized as Stōked) is a Canadian animated series produced by Fresh TV that premiered on Teletoon on June 25, 2009 and ended on January 26, 2013. It aired on Teletoon in Canada and ABC3 in Australia, and on Cartoon Network in the United States. The series is from the same creators as 6teen and the Total Drama series.
Stoked is a character driven animated situational comedy about a group of groms who come together one summer on legendary Surfer's Paradise Hotel, British Columbia, to experience the ultimate surfer's dream — the endless summer. Emma, Reef and Fin join locals Broseph, Lo, her brothers George and Ty, and Johnny to work at the world-renowned Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort, stoked to have the summer of their lives. What they find instead - the worst jobs ever, hideous uniforms, zero respect, a run-down staff house, and a tacky, fake, kooksville resort. For twelve weeks, they will spend their first summer away from home and work the hardest that they have ever worked in their lives, but most importantly, they have the opportunity to surf on their days off.
- Reef: 16 years old, and the new surf instructor of the resort, he has dreamed of going to Sunset Beach all of his life and finally made it. Reef is voiced by Jeff Geddis.
- Fin McCloud: She is the ultimate surfer girl: tough, fun and laid back. She is totally into girl power, which is something she and Reef argue frequently about. Fin is voiced by Katie Crown.
- Emma: Emma is from Calgary, Alberta, and before coming to Sunset Beach she had never surfed before. Emma was intent on surfing as soon as she saw a surf movie with her older brothers. Emma is voiced by Kristin Fairlie.
- Broseph: He is a chilled-out local Jamaican surfer, with wisdom that is not seen by many and is a loyal friend. Broseph's voice actor is Mazin Elsadig.
- Lo: Lauren "Lo" Ridgemount, the daughter of the resort's owner, Lo's life has been that of a spoiled princess. She is voiced by Anastasia Phillips.
- Johnny: He works at the front desk of the hotel. Johnny is voiced by Arnold Pinnock.
- Andrew "Bummer" Baumer: The day manager of the resort, he is stern and strict with the workers below him. He is voiced by Cory Doran, who also voices Captain Ron.
- Tyler "Ty" Ridgemount: Lo's 17-year-old brother who also surfs. Ty is voiced by Jamie Spilchuk.
- George Ridgemount: Lo and Ty's 10-year-old younger brother. He is voiced by Gage Munroe.
- Grommet: Grommet only appeared in a few episodes. He is Broseph's younger brother and is usually with George, being best friends.
- "No Pants" Lance: He is another of the returning staff and Ripper's best friend. He is voiced by Corey Doran.
- Kelly: A bossy, selfish, snobbish, and possibly sadistic girl who leads the staff seniors in their harassment and intimidation towards the groms. She is voiced by Lauren Lipson.
- Rosie: She is a 35-year-old maid at Surfer's Paradise. She is voiced by Fiona Reid.
- Snack Shack: An overweight employee at Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort. He works at the "Snack Shack" at the hotel pool. He also works part time at a bakery in Sunset Beach that sells Beaver Tails. He is voiced by Darren Frost.
- Wipeout: Dressed in a purple orca costume, Wipeout poses as the resort's mascot, carrying around a portable stereo and dancing to greet visitors. He is voiced by Sergio Di Zio.
- Mr. Ridgemount: He is the owner of the resort and is the head of the Ridgemount Hotel chain of which Surfer's Paradise is the flagship property. He is voiced by Jamie Watson.
- Mrs. Ridgemount: She is Lo, George, and Ty's mother and a stereotypical trophy wife, although in a near death experience. She is voiced by Emilie-Claire Barlow.
- The Kahuna: He is a very friendly person whose laid back personality resembles that of a flower child.
- Mark and Todd Marvin: Twin brothers who are guests at the resort and they are rambunctious children who get on everyone's nerves.
- Mr. & Mrs. Marvin: They are the parents of Mark and Todd, who frequently allow their children to run wild and engage in destructive behavior in the hotel.
- Sonny and Buster: A shark and a yellow tang who are two fish that reside in the Lobbyquarium. Buster is friendly and dimwitted, although he tries to be non-violent, and can have a mean streak. Sonny speaks with a New York accent, and makes bets with other fish in the aquarium.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||June 25, 2009 (Canada)|
September 2, 2010 (Australia)
|June 3, 2010 (Canada)|
October 7, 2010 (Australia)
|2||26||September 16, 2010 (Canada)|
March 24, 2011 (Australia)
|January 26, 2013 (Canada)|
April 28, 2011 (Australia)