|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Edwin Lutyens has been nominated for Selected article at the Architecture Portal. For more information, visit WikiProject:Architecture.|
Picture of Deanery Garden
- Firstly it's not called Deanery Garden House - it was originally simply "Deanery Garden" and is now known as "the Deanery".
- The picture is a "charcoaled" version of an early copyright Country Life picture. (There is now a window to the right of the large chimney.) If I knew how I'd upload a CC picture of my own.
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one article was rated and this bot brought all the other ratings up to at least that level. BetacommandBot 11:25, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
Social Housing in Westminster
No mention of this on the page: http://housingprototypes.org/project?File_No=GB017 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:01, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
If of any interest I've just uploaded Lutoffice8Jl6-3786.jpg to the Commons and have included an image of the plaque on the building recording Lutyen's interest.I particularly like the history behind this image as it shows Lutyen's in a different light. WyrdLight (talk) 17:09, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
Looking at this article, which needs a great deal of work, I'm particularly struck by the concluding comment on his racism, which ends the lead. Whilst he certainly held racist views, they were commonly held by many (most?) people of his class and of his time. Are his views on race really amongst the most important facts of note about the greatest English architect of the twentieth century? KJP1 (talk) 10:41, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
- I agree it doesn't belong in the lead and should certainly be rephrased from a direct accusation, for WP:NPOV. It should probably go lower down in a wider description of his reaction to India and Indian architecture, or in the context of his difficulties with his much more liberal wife, who was infatuated with an Indian, Krishnamurti for years. Certainly a lot of work for someone... - Aegoceras (talk) 11:36, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
- It would indeed sit much more suitably in a section on his work at Delhi and I shall move it. The wider issues with the article will have to wait the attentions of other, or until I recover sufficient wiki-enthusiasm. Are you a Bristolian? The article on the splendid Wills Hall is quite nice. KJP1 (talk) 15:50, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Page number required for ref 1 - from Stamp, Gavin (2006). The Memorial to the Missing of the Somme
Does anyone have access to Stamp, Gavin (2006). The Memorial to the Missing of the Somme. It's our no.1 reference and an important assertion; it would be best if we could specify the page number (and at the same time have someone check that Stamp did indeed write such a thing). thanks --Tagishsimon (talk) 13:21, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
- p=10, "the greatest British architect of the twentieth (or of any other) century." I'll put a page reference in. KJP1 (talk) 16:42, 11 October 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Edwin Lutyens. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110810091629/http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0009128 to http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0009128
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121022220818/http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/newdelhi/Lutyens-himself-designed-only-four-bungalows/Article1-707697.aspx to http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/newdelhi/Lutyens-himself-designed-only-four-bungalows/Article1-707697.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.