|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Max Planck article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Max Planck has been listed as a level-4 vital article in People. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on April 23, 2008, December 14, 2008, December 14, 2009, and December 14, 2015.|
Can someone confirm in which month Planck was succeded as president in? The original text stated that Planck was president till April, but it did not say whether his successor took the title of president in the same month, of one month later. Cosmos 03:18, September 2, 2005 (UTC)
- It seems to be April 1st, 1946. Nullstein 8-IX 2005
the part "thermodynamics" was copied from http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1918/planck-bio.html i tried to delete it, but it came back
- the page link says that if you cite the document, to simply cite the source. couldn't one just add a citation?
Planck was never commissioned by an electric company
I'm pretty sure this claim about Planck is an urban legend:
"He had been commissioned by electric companies to create maximum light from lightbulbs with minimum energy."
He was a theorist whose primary motivation was to understand entropy, and to solve Kirchhoff's challenge of finding the universal radiation equation for black-body radiation.
He had no known connections with any energy companies, and no interest in lightbulbs--just black-body ovens. See, for instance, discussion of this here:
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Max Planck. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110629070656/http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,549404,00.html to http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,549404,00.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111006162543/http://theochem.kuchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp/Ando/planck1901.pdf to http://theochem.kuchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp/Ando/planck1901.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.