Talk:Wilts & Dorset
|The content of Salisbury Reds (bus company) was merged into Wilts & Dorset on 1 August 2014. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
|The content of More (bus company) was merged into Wilts & Dorset on 1 August 2014. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
|WikiProject Dorset||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Companies||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Virtually no history - Wilts existed as a company until the early 1970's when the name was absorbed by Hants & Dorset, to reappear after deregulation. Some work needed here. Britmax 19:23, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Some brief historic information added, covering the main points. Does it need expanding? --126.96.36.199 19:57, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
The list of current services is not highly helpful, since it may be more reliably obtained from local authority websites, traveline, or transport direct. What would be a helpful historical addition would be a longer history of some of the most notable routes. For example, the rise & fall of routes like the 24 / 182 (Shaftesbury - Blandford - Bournemouth) would be of interest in showing the decline in rural bus services in a microcosm. No doubt a few others would be of general interest also. Djobserver (talk) 19:15, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Suggestion: move routes into new page
The list of routes is far too long, and regarded as unencyclopedic (hence the tag at the top of the page). I suggest that it is moved to a new page called List of Wilts & Dorset bus routes. The specific brandings used could be left on this page and included on the new page as well. This isn't a perfect solution, but it's a lot better thanthe current one. Any suggestions and/or objections are welcome. Please reply on this talk page. Alzarian16 (talk) 13:21, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- I would agree with that, it's a good idea and needs to be done. Arriva436talk/contribs 13:55, 9 January 2010 (UTC)
- I concur. CS46 20:53, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
Done since support for suggestion seemed strong. This article now looks a lot tidier, but it still needs more history - it doesn't even mention the takeover of Damory Coaches at the moment. I'll have a go at improving things but I don't know the whole story. If anyone does, please help. Alzarian16 (talk) 19:40, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
- Just ran into a problem. The Fair Use images of the more and Unilinx logos have been removed from the new page because their Fair Use rationale document says that they are required for the Wilts & Dorset page only. I don't yet know how to sort this out, so if someone could (Arriva436, writer of the original rationale, perhaps?) it would help. Alzarian16 (talk) 12:02, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I have now sorted the problem. Basically, each logo file uploaded needs a rationale for each article it is used on. So to sort the problem, you simply copy and paste the first rationale, for the Wilts & Dorset article, and then change the "title" section to "List of Wilts & Dorset bus routes", and then it's done! You have a rationale for each use.
Salisbury Park and Ride
After over 20 edits to this page, I finally noticed that this wasn't covered anywhere, so I've given it a subsection under Routes. I also uploaded some images of vehicles operating on it and used them too. What I've put is probably enough for this article, but the list of routes article could do with more depth. If anyone could add something to it that would be helpful. Alzarian16 (talk) 19:36, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, that had definitely been overlooked. Thanks for sorting it out and for the pictures. Arriva436talk/contribs 23:45, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
New Logo needed
The New Wilts & Dorset Logo needs to be sourced, think you can get it off www.wdbus.co.uk, also anyone feels like a task for getting reds logo as I am not too familiar with putting logos on Wiki Commons at moment.
All up to date
All pictures and text have been updated where needed due to some being so out of date like "Pulseline" was still there even though the "Sailsbury Reds" are here.
Hope I have help make the article bit more updated and not caused too many problems.