|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
During British rule Tangi was part of the old Charsadda Tehsil (then part of Peshawar District) later Tangi became a tehsil in its own right. A notable achievement for Tangi came on 25th March 2018 when Dr. Nadeem Jan resident of Tangi Nusratzai Mohallah Fateh Kheil was awarded the prestigious award of Tamgha e Imtiaz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamgha-e-Imtiaz by the president of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. This was the first time in the history of entire District Charsadda and Thesil Tangi that such honour has been earned by its resident.
The population of Tangi Tehsil, according 2017 consensus, is 428,239 while according 1998 consensus, it was 254,461. The population of Tangi Tehsil, according to official consensus, over the years is shown in the table below.
|Consensus Year||Population||Rural Population||Urban Population|
- "DISTRICT AND TEHSIL LEVEL POPULATION SUMMARY WITH REGION BREAKUP: KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. 2018-01-03. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Charsada - Government of Pakistan Archived 2008-03-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- "District wise census results census 2017" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-29. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Pakistan Tehsil Wise Census 2017 [PDF]" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's (2015-04-22). "People of 'disputed' villages to boycott LG polls". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- Chārsadda Tahsīl - Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 10, p. 180.
- "Tehsils of District Charsadda". www.politicpk.com. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "AREA & POPULATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE UNITS BY RURAL/URBAN: 1951-1998 CENSUSES (PDF)" (PDF). www.pbs.gov.pk. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
|This Charsadda District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|