Tatiana Celia Kennedy Schlossberg
May 5, 1990
New York City, U.S.
Tatiana Celia Kennedy Schlossberg (born May 5, 1990) is an American journalist and author. She is a daughter of Caroline Kennedy, the U.S. Ambassador to Australia, and a granddaughter of John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. A reporter for The New York Times covering climate change, she has also written for The Atlantic. She is the author of the book Inconspicuous Consumption (2019).
Early life and education
Schlossberg was born at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City on May 5, 1990, to designer Edwin Arthur "Ed" Schlossberg and Caroline Kennedy. She is a granddaughter of the U.S. president John F. Kennedy (1917–1963) and First Lady Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1929–1994). Schlossberg has two siblings, Rose and Jack.
She attended Yale University and graduated in 2012. She went on to receive a master's in American History from the University of Oxford in 2014.
In addition to writing for Times, Schlossberg is the author of Inconspicuous Consumption: The Environmental Impact You Don't Know You Have, released in August 2019 by Grand Central Publishing. She has been a columnist for Bloomberg View and a reporter for Bergen County Record.
Upon the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 2013, Schlossberg delivered remarks and took part in a ceremonial wreath-laying ceremony at the memorial at Runnymede, in the English county of Surrey, alongside U.S. Ambassador to the UK Matthew Barzun and Baron Jonathan Hill of the British House of Lords.
On September 9, 2017, Schlossberg married her college boyfriend George Moran in Martha's Vineyard. Their wedding was officiated by former Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick. They have one child together, who is the first grandchild of Edwin and Caroline and the first great-grandchild of John and Jacqueline Kennedy.
- ^ Tatiana Schlossberg. "Tatiana Schlossberg". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2019-04-13.
- ^ Zibart, Eve (June 18, 2012). "Kennedys 4.0: The Dynasty Endures". Boston Common. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- ^ "Caroline Kennedy Gives Birth to Second Daughter". Orlando Sentinel. May 11, 1990.
- ^ "Tatiana Schlossberg, George Moran". The New York Times. September 10, 2017. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ "JFK's granddaughter's wedding photos revealed". IrishCentral.com. September 12, 2017. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ "PEOPLE Explains: Who Is Tatiana Kennedy Schlossberg? All About JFK and Jackie's Newly Married Granddaughter". People. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ Bill McKibben (August 28, 2019). "To Fight Global Warming, Think More About Systems Than About What You Consume". The New York Times.
- ^ "Meet the young Kennedys: Rose, Tatiana, and Jack Schlossberg". Evening Standard. April 12, 2019. Retrieved 2019-04-13.
- ^ Inconspicuous Consumption. December 4, 2018.
- ^ "Bio". Tatiana Schlossberg. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ Kuruvilla, Carol. "John F. Kennedy's granddaughter pays respects at memorial ceremony in Britain". New York Daily News. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ Muller, Marissa G. "JFK and Jackie O's Granddaughter Married Her College Sweetheart and They Clearly Had Fun With Their Wedding Pictures". W. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ Hallemann, Caroline (September 12, 2017). "JFK's Granddaughter Weds in Martha's Vineyard Ceremony". Town & Country. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- ^ Nathan, Sara (April 14, 2022). "Exclusive first photos: Caroline Kennedy has a new grandchild". New York Post.