|Directed by||Abhijit Panse|
|Produced by||Viacom18 Motion Pictures|
Dr. Shrikant Bhasi
Varsha Sanjay Raut
Purvashi Sanjay Raut
Vidhita Sanjay Raut
|Written by||Arvind Jagtap|
|Screenplay by||Abhijit Panse|
|Story by||Sanjay Raut|
|Based on||Bal Thackeray|
|Edited by||Ashish Mahatrae|
Apurva Motivale Sahai
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
Carnival Motion Pictures
|Distributed by||Viacom18 Motion Pictures|
Thackeray is an upcoming bilingual biographical film written and directed by Abhijit Panse, made simultaneously in Marathi and Hindi. Following the life of Bal Thackeray, the founder of the Indian political party Shiv Sena, the film stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the eponymous person and Amrita Rao as his wife.The film is scheduled for release on 25 January 2019, the 93rd birthday of Bal Thackeray.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Balasaheb Thackeray
- Amrita Rao as Meena Tai Thackeray
- Sudhir Mishra as Mastan 
- Abdul Quadir Amin as Jaidev Thackeray
- Laxman Singh Rajput
- Anushka Jadhav
- Niranjan Javir
- Dr Sachin A. Jayavant as Uddhav Thackeray
- Vishal Sudarshanwar as Raj Thackeray
- Radha Sagar  
|Soundtrack album by |
Rohan-Rohan and Sandeep Shirodkar
|Released||15 January 2019|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
Rohan-Rohan and Sandeep Shirodkar composed songs for the film while the background score is composed by Amar Mohile. The lyrics written by Sunil Jogi, Manoj Yadav and Manndar Cholkar.
|1.||"Saheb Tu Sarkar Tu"||Manoj Yadav||Sukhwinder Singh||5:25|
|2.||"Aaple Saheb Thackeray"||Manndar Cholkar||Avadhoot Gupte||4:33|
|3.||"Aaya Re Thackeray"||Sunil Jogi||Nakash Aziz||4:33|
|4.||"Thackeray Theme" (Music by Sandeep Shirodkar)||Instrumental||Sandeep Shirodkar||2:33|
“Nawazuddin has repeated 'Uthao lungi bajao pungi' (lift the lungi and *'#$ him) in the film #Thackeray. Clearly hate speech against South Indians... In a film glorifying the person who said it! Are you planning to make money out of this propaganda? Stop selling hate! Scary stuff!"
- "Thackeray: It is not easy to make film on Balasaheb, says Shiv Sena chief Uddhav- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Thackeray: Nawazuddin Siddiqui nails the look of the supremo Balasaheb Thackeray - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play Balasaheb Thackeray in upcoming biopic. See photos". The Indian Express. 2017-12-21. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "'Thackeray' Trailer: Nawazuddin Siddiqui In & As Balasaheb". The Quint. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Bal Thackeray biopic to release on THIS date". dna. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Thackeray teaser: Nawazuddin Siddiqui transforms into Bal Thackeray. Watch video". Hindustan Times. 2017-12-22. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Sanjay Raut on Thackeray biopic: I am not going to shift the date, come what may". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Thackeray Movie Wiki, News, Teaser, Cast and Crew - Movie Alles". Movie Alles. 2018-06-03. Retrieved 2018-09-02.
- "Thackeray trailer launched: Nawazuddin stuns as Balasaheb Thackeray". National Herald: Latest News, India News, Today's Headlines from India & World. Retrieved 2019-01-02.
- "What does bold mean for actress Radha Sagar? | Marathi Movie News - Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2019-01-02.
- "Thackeray - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Saavn.
- "Nawazuddin Siddiqui Roars As The Politician, Film to release on 25th Jan 2019". Mid Day. 2018-12-26. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- "Producer Sanjay Raut Planning To Make Sequel Of Thackeray". Mid Day. 2018-10-29. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- "'Stop Selling Hate': Siddharth Criticises Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Thackeray".
- "CONTROVERSY "Stop Selling Hate!": Actor Siddharth Slams Thackeray Biopic For Making Money From 'hate Speech Against South Indians'".
- "'Thackeray' Lands In Another Controversy, Actor Siddharth Calls The Trailer 'Anti-South Indian'".
|This article about a Hindi film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|