The Kast Off Kinks
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Kast Off Kinks
From left: John Gosling, John Dalton, Mick Avory, Dave Clarke.
|Years active||1994–1996, 2018-present|
|Associated acts||The Kinks|
|Past members||John Gosling|
The Kast Off Kinks are a band composed of former members of the band The Kinks. They mostly tour Europe and attend reunions for fans and for charity, such as the Leukemia Research Fund. They have put out one EP, The Archway EP, in conjunction with The Kinks' fan club.
- Dave Clarke: lead vocals and lead guitar
- Ian Gibbons: keyboards and vocals (member of The Kinks 1979–1989 and 1992–1996)
- Mick Avory: drums and percussion (member of The Kinks 1964–1984)
- John Gosling: keyboards and backing vocals (member of The Kinks 1970–1978)
- Jim Rodford: bass guitar/vocals (member of The Kinks 1978–1996) died 2018
Dalton and Gosling both retired from The Kast Off Kinks in 2008, but Dalton does still appear with the band.
The first bassist for The Kinks, Peter Quaife, played at various shows with the band before his death in 2010. The Kinks' drummer from 1984 to 1996, Bob Henrit, has also performed with the band. At Kinks fan conventions in 2007, 2008 and 2009, The Kast Off Kinks were joined on stage for a few songs by The Kinks' main songwriter and frontman, Ray Davies.
Former Kinks backing singers Debi Doss and Shirlie Roden also perform regularly with The Kast Off Kinks, and Ray Davies' first wife, Rasa Davies, has made occasional guest appearances as backing vocalist. Mark Haley finally guested with the band at the 2011 fan convention in London and again in 2012 in both London and Utrecht.
- Kinks Fan Club Konvention, North London
- Dutch Kinks Preservation Society, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Music At The Crossroads Festival, Hook Norton, England
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|