The Simpsons (season 27)
|The Simpsons (season 27)|
Digital purchase image
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original release||September 27, 2015– May 22, 2016|
The Simpsons' twenty-seventh season began airing on Fox in the United States on September 27, 2015, and ended on May 22, 2016. On October 28, 2014, executive producer Al Jean announced that Season 27 went into production, renewing the series through the 2015–16 season.
The season premiere deals with Homer being diagnosed with narcolepsy, his breaking up with Marge, and falling for a pharmacist. Guest stars for this season include Blake Anderson, Kristen Bell, David Copperfield, Lena Dunham, Kelsey Grammer, Nick Kroll, Yo-Yo Ma, Edward James Olmos, Kevin Michael Richardson, and George Takei. Carl Zealer, who won a competition to be animated into The Simpsons, appeared in the episode "Halloween of Horror".
This is the last season was produced by Film Roman.
On May 14, 2015, showrunner Al Jean announced that veteran Simpsons voice actor Harry Shearer had left the show to pursue other work after his contract expired. However, on July 7, he returned to the show after signing a new deal with five other cast members.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|575||1||"Every Man's Dream"||Matthew Nastuk||J. Stewart Burns||September 27, 2015||TABF14||3.28|
Homer and Marge go through a trial separation, during which Homer dates a pharmacist.Guest stars: Adam Driver as Adam Sackler, Lena Dunham as Candace/Hannah Horvath, Laura Ingraham as Therapist and Jemima Kirke, Zosia Mamet and Allison Williams as Candace's friends
|576||2||"Cue Detective"||Timothy Bailey||Joel H. Cohen||October 4, 2015||TABF17||6.02|
Bart and Lisa search for Homer's barbecue grill when it is stolen right after he is challenged to a cookoff.Guest stars: Alton Brown as Himself, Bobby Moynihan as Tyler Boom, Edward James Olmos as Pit Master and Ben Schwartz as Clerk
|577||3||"Puffless"||Rob Oliver||J. Stewart Burns||October 11, 2015||TABF19||3.31|
Jacqueline decides to reveal the truth: her husband died because of lung cancer, but didn't say so before because back then, people were reluctant to admit it. This revelation shocks Patty and Selma, who decide to quit smoking once and for all and burn all their cigarettes, which unfortunately causes Jacqueline's house to burn down. However, Selma's relapse causes an angry Patty to move in with Marge and Homer. Meanwhile, when Maggie makes some new animal friends, she must go on a rescue mission when one of them is taken by Cletus.Guest stars: Jon Lovitz as Cigarette and Yo-Yo Ma as himself
|578||4||"Halloween of Horror"||Mike B. Anderson||Carolyn Omine||October 18, 2015||TABF22||3.69|
Angry Halloween decoration salesmen invade the Simpson household after Homer takes down his Everscream Terrors decorations to avoid scaring Lisa.Treehouse of Horror episodes, this episode takes place in the normal series timeline.
|579||5||"Treehouse of Horror XXVI"||Steven Dean Moore||Joel H. Cohen||October 25, 2015||TABF18||6.75|
In the twenty-sixth annual Simpsons Halloween special, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, Homer appears as a sea monster in a parody of Godzilla, and Lisa and Milhouse get superpowers from radiation, with poor Bart somehow missing out and with Maggie joining the fun.Guest stars: Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob and Chris Wedge as Scrat
|580||6||"Friend with Benefit"||Matthew Faughnan||Rob LaZebnik||November 8, 2015||TABF21||3.48|
Lisa becomes friends with a rich girl named Harper, whose father becomes friends with Homer, but Lisa becomes concerned that Harper is a little too entitled.Guest stars: Kristen Bell as Harper and David Copperfield
|581||7||"Lisa with an 'S'"||Bob Anderson||Stephanie Gillis||November 22, 2015||TABF20||5.64|
|Homer loses $5,000 that he doesn't have in a poker bet, and is forced to loan Lisa out to Broadway star Laney Fontaine to pay back his debt. Marge and Homer later realize they've made a terrible mistake and must go to New York to retrieve Lisa.|
|582||8||"Paths of Glory"||Steven Dean Moore||Michael Ferris||December 6, 2015||VABF01||5.53|
|Lisa tries to better the reputation of Springfield's first female inventor by searching an asylum for her first invention. While in the asylum, she and Bart find a sociopath's notebook, causing Bart to take the notebook home and pretend to be the sociopath that wrote it.|
|583||9||"Barthood"||Rob Oliver||Dan Greaney||December 13, 2015||VABF02||5.97|
|The story of Bart's life, spanning from six years old to adulthood, is told.|
|584||10||"The Girl Code"||Chris Clements||Rob LaZebnik||January 3, 2016||VABF03||4.41|
When Homer loses his job due to Marge's social media post, he begins working as a dishwasher at a Greek restaurant. Meanwhile, Lisa creates an app that can predict the effect any post on social media will have.Guest stars: Stephen Merchant as Conrad and Kaitlin Olson as Quinn
|585||11||"Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles"||Timothy Bailey||Joel H. Cohen||January 10, 2016||VABF04||8.33|
Bart experiences early puberty after drinking a milk substitute filled with bad hormones, and ends up competing with Skinner for the affections of his new teacher, Mrs. Berrera.Guest star: Sofía Vergara as Mrs. Berrera
|586||12||"Much Apu About Something"||Bob Anderson||Michael Price||January 17, 2016||VABF05||3.95|
Sanjay's son Jay takes over the Kwik-E-Mart, but Apu is displeased when he turns it into a food market. Meanwhile, Bart attempts to prank the new store, despite the fact that he told Homer he wouldn't prank anymore.Guest star: Utkarsh Ambudkar as Jay
|587||13||"Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4"||Mark Kirkland||John Frink||February 14, 2016||VABF07||2.89|
On Valentine's Day, Professor Frink makes himself attractive to women by using science to transform himself into a more attractive man. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.Guest star: Glenn Close as Mona Simpson
|588||14||"Gal of Constant Sorrow"||Matthew Nastuk||Carolyn Omine||February 21, 2016||VABF06||3.10|
Bart and Lisa take in a homeless woman to live with them, where they discover that she is a talented folk singer. Meanwhile, Homer accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.Guest stars: Bob Boilen, Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob, Natalie Maines as Hettie (singing voice) and Kate McKinnon as Hettie
|589||15||"Lisa the Veterinarian"||Steven Dean Moore||Dan Vebber||March 6, 2016||VABF08||3.09|
Lisa becomes a veterinarian after performing CPR on a raccoon, and learns a harsh lesson when the neglected class hamster, Nibbles, dies. Meanwhile, Marge makes a little extra money cleaning up crime scenes.Guest star: Michael York as Dr. Budgie
|590||16||"The Marge-ian Chronicles"||Chris Clements||Brian Kelley||March 13, 2016||VABF09||3.07|
Lisa signs up for the Mars One Space Colony, and Marge comes along to try and talk her out of it.Guest stars: Tom Scharpling as Paul and Jon Wurster as Barry
|591||17||"The Burns Cage"||Rob Oliver||Rob LaZebnik||April 3, 2016||VABF10||2.32|
After Smithers is crushed by Mr. Burns' lack of affection towards him, other characters attempt to find a boyfriend for him. Meanwhile, Milhouse competes against a new boy for the lead role in a school production of Casablanca, so he can act alongside his own unrequited love, Lisa.Guest star: George Takei as himself
|592||18||"How Lisa Got Her Marge Back"||Bob Anderson||Jeff Martin||April 10, 2016||VABF11||2.55|
Lisa and Marge are having problems, so they take a weekend trip to Capital City to attend a performance of Bad News Bears: The Musical. Meanwhile, Bart teams up with Maggie to trick people, after he becomes frustrated that everyone expects his pranks.Guest star: Andrew Rannells as himself
|593||19||"Fland Canyon"||Michael Polcino||J. Stewart Burns||April 24, 2016||VABF12||2.77|
|Homer recalls the story of when the Simpson family went on a vacation to the Grand Canyon with the Flanders family.|
|594||20||"To Courier with Love"||Timothy Bailey||Bill Odenkirk||May 8, 2016||VABF14||2.52|
The Simpson family goes on a trip to Paris, and Homer becomes the courier of a secret briefcase.Guest star: Jay Leno as himself
|595||21||"Simprovised"||Matthew Nastuk||John Frink||May 15, 2016||VABF13||2.80|
|After messing up a speech at work, Homer tries improv comedy. Meanwhile, Marge helps rebuild Bart's treehouse. For the last three minutes of the episode, Homer does a live Q&A for fans on the East/West Coast.|
|596||22||"Orange Is the New Yellow"||Matthew Faughnan||Eric Horsted||May 22, 2016||VABF15||2.54|
Marge gets arrested after Bart goes to the park unsupervised, which leaves Homer struggling to manage the household.Guest star: Kevin Michael Richardson as Prison Guard
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (2015-05-04). "'The Simpsons' Renewed for Two More Seasons". variety.com. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- Snierson, Dan (2015-07-07). "Harry Shearer returning to The Simpsons". ew.com. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- Dixon, Dani (2015-09-29). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Bob's Burgers' Adjusted Down, '60 Minutes' Adjusted Up + 'Sunday Night Football'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- Porter, Rick (2015-10-06). "Sunday final ratings: 'Blood & Oil,' 'The Simpsons' adjusted up, 'Madam Secretary' adjusted down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- Porter, Rick (2015-10-13). "Sunday final ratings: 'The Good Wife' and 'Last Man on Earth' adjusted up, plus final NFL numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- Porter, Rick (October 20, 2015). "Sunday final ratings: 'The Good Wife', 'Madam Secretary' and 'The Simpsons' adjusted up, plus Final NFL Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 27, 2015). "Sunday final ratings: 'The Simpsons,' 'The Good Wife' and 'Last Man on Earth' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 10, 2015). "Sunday final ratings: 'Family Guy' and 'Once Upon a Time' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 24, 2015). "Sunday final ratings: AMAs and scripted shows steady, plus final NFL numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 8, 2015). "Sunday final ratings: 'Once Upon a Time' and 'The Simpsons' adjust down, 'Quantico' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 15, 2015). "Sunday final ratings: 'Blood & Oil' finale adjusts up (not that it matters)". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (January 6, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Undercover Boss' adjusts up, premieres stay low". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (January 12, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Simpsons' still at a season high after downward adjustment". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (January 20, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'The Good Wife' and 'Family Guy' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 17, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Bachelor' special and 'Cooper Barrett' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 23, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Shark Tank' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 8, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Madam Secretary' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 15, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: '60 Minutes' adjusts up, 'Carmichael Show' and 'Hollywood Game Night' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 15, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 5, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: ACM Awards and all scripted shows hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 12, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Simpsons,' 'Quantico' adjust up; 'Carmichael' and 'Crowded' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 12, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 26, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Simpsons' and all others hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 10, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Good Wife' finale adjusts up, 'Once Upon a Time' and 'Carmichael Show' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 17, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: 'Once Upon a Time' finale, everything else hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 24, 2016). "Sunday final ratings: Billboard Awards, 'Simpsons' finale, 'Undercover Boss' adjust up; 'AFV' and 'Bordertown' finales adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 24, 2016.