performing live in Los Angeles, 2012
February 3, 1976 |
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
|Occupation||comedian, writer, director, actor, musician|
Timothy Richard Heidecker (born February 3, 1976) is an American comedian, writer, director, actor and musician. He is one half of the comedy team of Tim & Eric, along with Eric Wareheim. Heidecker and Wareheim are noted for creating the television shows Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, and Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories.
Early life and career
Heidecker and Wareheim first became known as the creators, writers, and stars of Tom Goes to the Mayor, a limited animation series that originally aired from November 2004 to September 2006 on the Adult Swim channel. Tim plays "Tom," the protagonist of the show. He continually brings his ideas to the Mayor (played by Wareheim), who ends up thwarting them in most cases and leaving Tom worse off than when he started. According to their website Wareheim and Heidecker had mailed copies of an early version of the show to comedian Bob Odenkirk, who agreed to take on the project as the executive producer of the series and sold it to Adult Swim.
The duo's next show, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, premiered on February 11, 2007 on Adult Swim. The eleven minute show features "live action, sketch, animation, emotions, phone calls, love, etc."
Heidecker starred in Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie. Wareheim and Heidecker appeared together as Debt Collectors on the Adult Swim special, The Young Persons Guide to History and have made guest appearances in the movie Let's Go to Prison, as well as the Scottish video game series VideoGaiden and a Version 2 episode of Mega64. Heidecker also had a small role in the 2011 film Bridesmaids, and a leading role in the 2012 independent drama The Comedy, directed by Rick Alverson and also starring Wareheim. In July 2012, Heidecker starred in an episode of Workaholics. In August 2012, he guest starred in Dinosaur Jr.'s music video "Watch the Corners." In the same year, Heidecker made a cameo appearance on the interdependent movie reviewing site, "Red Letter Media". Heidecker appeared in an episode of the RedLetterMedia series, "Half in The Bag." The episode is titled, "Season Finale: Step Up Revolution." Within the short sketch comedy, Heidecker plays a VCR repair man named "Tim". Shortly after his introduction into the scene, he flies through the ceiling and makes his exit from the skit.
Heidecker starred in a series of films for Absolut Vodka's website with Wareheim and Zach Galifianakis. In March 2010, Heidecker and Wareheim directed a series of Old Spice commercials starring actor Terry Crews. Using characters and skits from Awesome Show, Heidecker and Wareheim (via their Abso Lutely production company) created an online-only show called "Tim and Eric Nite Live!," originally broadcast on the website SuperDeluxe.
Since 2012 Heidecker has been hosting a parodic web series and podcast called On Cinema, where he and special guest (Gregg Turkington) discuss films from past and present. In 2013 an On Cinema Film Guide app was released, featuring the voices of Heidecker and Turkington reviewing over 17,000 films.
The duo's most recent show, Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories premiered on Adult Swim on September 18, 2014.
Although Davin Wood composed the music for Awesome Show, Heidecker would sometimes sing and write lyrics. Williams Street Records released both Awesome Record, Great Songs! and Uncle Muscles Presents Casey And His Brother in 2008, featuring music from the first two seasons. Wood previously composed the music for Tom Goes To The Mayor, and he and Heidecker form the duo Heidecker & Wood. Inspired by 1970s soft rock, they released their first album, Starting From Nowhere, on March 15, 2011. The duo released a second album in the same style on November 12, 2013, Some Things Never Stay the Same. They cite the influence of Randy Newman, Warren Zevon, Harry Nilsson, and Boz Scaggs. The duo will perform in October at Festival Supreme.
In October 2012, Heidecker contributed a parody campaign jingle for Herman Cain's presidential bid titled "Cain Train". This was the first of nine songs which would eventually become a full album, titled Cainthology: Songs in the Key of Cain. All of the proceeds from the album's sales go to benefit the Violence Intervention Program. The number nine was chosen as the number of songs, and $9.99 the original price, in reference to Herman Cain's 9-9-9 financial plan.
The day after the release of Bob Dylan's album Tempest in September 2012, Heidecker released a song called "Titanic", which is a 15-minute-long spoof of the track on the album. In 2013, he released two more Dylan parodies—"Running Out the Clock", inspired by Dylan's 1983 album Infidels, and "Long Black Dress", a song in the actual style of Dylan's album Tempest—and collaborated with the indie band The Earth is a Man on a cover of Dylan's "All the Tired Horses."
In December 2013, Heidecker released the album Urinal St. Station under the Drag City label with his band, The Yellow River Boys. The lead single, "Hot Piss," was released in June 2013. Vice Magazine named Urinal St. Station as the best album of 2013.
Heidecker and Davin Wood composed and performed the song "Weatherman" which was used in the 2014 film The Age of Reason.
On June 24, 2014, Heidecker and Wareheim released a 12" single, "Jambalaya", as Pusswhip Banggang.
Porayko gave birth to a girl, Amelia, in November 2013.
|2001||Attic Expeditions, TheThe Attic Expeditions||Orderly||Film debut|
|2006||Let's Go To Prison||Wine Taster||With Eric Warheim|
|2012||Comedy, TheThe Comedy||Swanson|
|2012||Five Year Engagement, TheThe Five Year Engagement||Chef|
|2012||Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie||Tim||Writer
|2014||Merry Friggin' Christmas||Dave|
|2011–2013 (hiatus)||On Cinema||Himself||Writer
|2012 – Present||On Cinema at the Cinema||Himself||Writer
|2013||Tim & Eric's Go Pro Show||Himself|
|2013||Tim's Kitchen Tips||Himself|
|2014 – Present||Decker||Decker|
|2004||Aqua Teen Hunger Force||Basketball||Episode: "Hypno-Germ"|
|2004–2006||Tom Goes to the Mayor||Tom Peters||Writer
|2006||Mega64||Mega64 Ragtime Jug Brother||Episode: "Stranger"|
|2007–2010||Tim And Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!||Various||Writer
|2007||Acceptable TV||Mood Swing Cosby|
|2007||Clark and Michael||Self-Defense Instructor|
|2008||Young Person's Guide to History||Debt Collector|
|2008–2010||Sarah Silverman Program, TheThe Sarah Silverman Program||Frances||Episodes: "I Thought My Dad Was Dead, But It Turns Out He's Not"
"A Slip Slope"
|2010–||Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule||Jan Skylar||Writer
|2010–2011||Funny or Die Presents||Various||Writer|
|2011||Jon Benjamin Has a Van||Mosham the Alien Lawyer||Episode: "Stardoor"|
|2011||Simpsons, TheThe Simpsons||Amus Bruse||Episode: "The Food Wife"|
|2011–2013||Bob's Burgers||Burt Dellalucci|
|2012||Workaholics||Reverend||Episode: "The Lord's Force"|
|2012||Comedy Bang! Bang!||Phil Gorsley|
|2013||Eastbound & Down||Gene|
|2013–||Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories||Various||Writer
|2014||Drunk History||Max Schmeling||Season 2, Episode 1|
|2015||Man Seeking Woman||Unnamed bartender||Episode: "Pitbull"|
- (2008) Awesome Record, Great Songs! (by Tim and Eric)
- (2008) Uncle Muscles Presents Casey And His Brother
- (2011) Starting From Nowhere (by Heidecker & Wood)
- (2011) Cainthology: Songs in the Key of Cain
- (2013) Some Things Never Stay the Same (by Heidecker & Wood)
- (2013) Urinal St. Station (by The Yellow River Boys)
- (2014) Jambalaya 12" single (by Pusswhip Banggang)
Awards and honors
- "Bio from Tim Heidecker’s Myspace page". Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Brown, Janelle (2006-07-17). "10 Comics to Watch: Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim". Variety. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ""Mega64": Stranger". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- "Dinosaur Jr. - "Watch the Corners" Official Video". Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "Red Letter Media Half in the Bag: Step Up Revolution :". Redlettermedia.com. 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- Hudson, Alex. (2010-12-13) Tim and Eric's Tim Heidecker to Release Album as Heidecker & Wood • News •. Exclaim.ca. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- "Heidecker & Wood". Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Heidecker & Wood". Festival Supreme. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- cain train: Herman Cain Campaign Video. YouTube. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Cainthology: Songs In The Key Of Cain, by Tim Heidecker. Boing Boing. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Urinal St. Station, by the Yellow River Boys. Drag City. Retrieved on 2014-01-03.
- The Yellow River Boys - "Hot Piss". YouTube. Retrieved on 2013-01-03.
- VICE's Top 50 Albums of 2013. Vice Magazine. Retrieved on 2014-01-03.
- Pusswhip Banggang "Jambalaya". Drag City. Retrieved on 2014-07-01.
- Tim Heidecker's Myspace page, retrieved February 9, 2009
- Marilyn's Myspace id 3nine78, retrieved February 9, 2009
- Tim Heidecker's Myspace blog, entries "Talking to Your Parents" and "Full Story (Reposted), retrieved February 9, 2009
- "Tim and Eric Junior Teaching Bible Lesson". Youtube.com. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Sundermann, Eric (2013-11-07). "Tim Heidecker: The Coolest Dad Ever | NOISEY". Noisey.vice.com. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- Tim's personal blog with a detailed account of the attack and photos of the wounds. Tgttm.com. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- From The Risk! Podcast, live from the NerdMelt Showroom in Los Angeles, California. Youtube.com. Retrieved on 2014-07-24.
- "Ken Marino And Tim Heidecker Join Season 4 Of Eastbound & Down". Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- Webby Award winners listed at Internet Video Mag, Tim and Eric listed in paragraph 5. Internetvideomag.com (2008-05-06). Retrieved on 2012-09-04.