Brown in 2015
|No. 77 – New England Patriots|
April 13, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Weight:||355 lb (161 kg)|
|High school:||Albany (GA) Westover|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 7 / Pick: 244|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Trenton "Trent" Brown (born April 13, 1993) is an American football offensive tackle for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Georgia Military College and the University of Florida. He was drafted by San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Brown was born in Bastrop, Texas on April 13, 1993. He attended Deerfield-Windsor School before transferring to Westover Comprehensive High School, both in Albany, Georgia, and played basketball his first two years of high school before moving to football his junior year. Brown graduated from Westover High in 2011.
Brown enrolled in Georgia Military College in Milledgeville, Georgia in the fall of 2011. He played for the GMC Bulldogs for two years, where the Bulldogs running game average 188 yards-per-game. After displaying his skills at the junior college level, where he was named a second team NJCAA All-American in 2012, Brown was recruited by several NCAA Division I schools, including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas A&M. Brown eventually chose to continue his college career at the University of Florida, signing a National Letter of Intent in December 2012 and enrolling in May 2013. Standing at 6-foot-8 and weighing 363 pounds, Brown was the Gators biggest offensive lineman since Max Starks, who played for the team in 2003 and is believed to be the biggest player to ever wear a Florida Gators uniform. At the beginning of his first year at Florida, Brown was used mainly on field goals and "Jumbo" packages in short yardage situations. He took over the starting tackle job in the Georgia game after Tyler Moore was injured and lost for the year. Brown moved to starting guard at the beginning of the 2014 season.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 8 1⁄2 in
|10 7⁄8 in
|5.29 s||1.89 s||3.08 s||4.78 s||8.23 s||23 1⁄2 in
|8 ft 1 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
San Francisco 49ers
On May 2, 2015, Brown was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the 7th round with the 244th overall pick of the 2015 NFL Draft. Brown started the last 2 regular season games of his rookie season and played in a total of 5 games.
After being asked in an interview to name the blocker that gives him the most trouble, Denver Broncos' defensive lineman and Super Bowl MVP Von Miller said, "I feel like Trent Brown has a very bright future in the National Football League. He's 6-foot-8. He knows how to use his arms, knows how to use his wingspan and he has length. So I feel like he's young and people haven’t really seen him, but I feel like he’s one of the better tackles in the National Football League." On August 16, 2017, Miller made a similar remark about Brown to the San Francisco Chronicle after the Broncos and 49ers had a joint practice, stating,
"He's the best right tackle in the National Football League! And he may even be a top-five tackle, period, in the National Football League. There’s not another tackle who’s that tall, that big and can move the way he moves.”
New England Patriots
- "Florida Gators offensive lineman Trenton Brown is kind of a big deal - Florida Gators - ESPN". Espn.go.com. August 17, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Trenton Brown - 2013 Gator Football Roster". GatorZone.com. June 6, 2015. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Trenton Brown (January 23, 2013). "Trenton Brown - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- 247Sports. "Trenton Brown, Florida, Offensive Tackle". 247sports.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Fox Sports (August 15, 2013). "at-6-8-tackle-trenton-brown-a-big-deal-for-gators". FOX Sports. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Big unknown: UF lineman Trenton Brown's size (6-8, 363) makes..." www.palmbeachpost.com. August 16, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Fann, Joe (May 5, 2015). "Full Breakdown of San Francisco 49ers 2015 NFL Draft Class". 49ers.com. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "A candidate for 49ers breakout star? Trent Brown is Von Miller's pick - San Francisco 49ers Blog". ESPN. 2016-09-09. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Fucillo, David (2016-09-06). "Von Miller says Trent Brown is a tackle who has given him a hard time". Niners Nation. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Holloway, Patrick (2016-09-08). "Trent Brown responds to Von Miller's praise". Niners Nation. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Adam Wells (August 16, 2017). "Von Miller Says 49ers' Trent Brown Is Best RT in NFL". bleacherreport.com. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Trent Brown (1993-04-13). "Trent Brown: Career Stats at". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "49ers Promote DB Powell to Active Roster, Place OL Brown on Injured Reserve". 49ers.com. December 16, 2017.
- Sessler, Marc (April 27, 2018). "Trent Brown traded by 49ers to New England Patriots". NFL.com.