|No. 30 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:||August 13, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Nyack, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||193 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Montvale (NJ) St. Joseph|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 203|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2015|
Jason McCourty (born August 13, 1987) is an American football cornerback for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). McCourty was drafted by the Titans in the 6th round, 203 overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Rutgers.
Jason McCourty started 3 years as a cornerback for Rutgers University where he majored in information technology He ended his college career with 148 tackles, 2 interceptions, 20 pass breakups and finished second in the Big East in kickoff returns as a senior. His twin brother Devin started alongside him as a cornerback at Rutgers. McCourty graduated from Rutgers with a bachelor's degree in information technology.
McCourty was drafted in the 6th round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans, who signed him to a contract. He was the second player from Rutgers that the Tennessee Titans drafted after first-rounder Kenny Britt. McCourty made his first start on October 2 against the Jacksonville Jaguars in place of an injured Cortland Finnegan. McCourty made his first career interception against the New York Giants in Week 3 of the 2010 NFL Season.
Jason's identical twin brother, Devin McCourty, is a pro-bowl safety that currently plays for the New England Patriots. He was a first round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft and cites Jason's help, as one of the reasons he was selected in the first round. They are among one of only 12 sets of twins in NFL history and are one of three active sets of twins that currently play for the NFL.
In 2011, Devin and Jason appeared in a commercial for Palmer's Cocoa Butter.
- "Jason McCourty". Retrieved January 27, 2011..
- "He tallied two interceptions, 20 pass breakups and 148 tackles during his college career with the Scarlet Knights. During his senior campaign, he finished second in the Big East in kickoff return average'
- "The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with two 2009 draft picks – sixth-round selection CB Jason McCourty"
- "Titans, McCourty Agree to Contract Extension". Tennessee Titans. August 23, 2012.
- Breer, Albert (August 23, 2012). "Jason McCourty signs $43M extension with Tennessee Titans". NFL.com. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Glennon, John (October 21, 2015). "Titans name six permanent captains". Tennessean.com. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Wyatt, Jim (November 16, 2015). "Titans to Place Jason McCourty, Justin Hunter on IR". Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Ted Lewis. "Saints are twinning with the Dixon brothers". The Advocate. Retrieved July 2, 2016.