University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Character Building is Nation Building"|
|Established||February 5, 1975|
|President||Anthony Jose M. Tamayo|
|1,370 (all campuses)|
|Students||24,150 (all campuses)|
|Location||Las Piñas, Calamba, and Molino
Coordinates: (Las Piñas campus)
|Hymn||Perpetual Help Hymn|
|Colors||Maroon █ and Gold █|
|Nickname||Perpetualites, UPHSD Altas, Altas|
|Affiliations||Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning, NCAA (Philippines) Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP), Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities (PACU)|
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is a Catholic-oriented, co-educational, private university, with campuses at Las Piñas, Molino, Cavite, and Calamba City, Laguna in the Philippines. For the past 40 years, the University has been committed to its principles of providing high quality education to its students through enhanced curriculum.
- 1 Philosophy
- 2 Vision
- 3 Mission
- 4 History
- 5 University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Las Piñas Campus
- 6 University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Molino Campus
- 7 University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Calamba Campus
- 8 Athletics
- 9 Campus Map
- 10 Academic Offerings
- 11 Student Life
- 12 UPHSD Extension School at the Bureau of Corrections
- 13 University of Perpetual Help Learning Center
- 14 External links
- 15 References
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA believes and invokes Divine Guidance in the betterment of the quality of life through national development and transformation, which are the predicated upon the quality of education of its people. Towards this end, the Institution is committed to the ideals of teaching, community service, and research as it nurtures the value of "Helpers of God", with "Character Building is Nation Building" as its guiding principles.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA shall emerge as a premier university in the Philippines, It shall provide a venue for the pursuit of excellence in academics, technology, and research through community partnership.
The University shall take the role of a catalyst for human development. It shall inculcate Christian values - Catholic in doctrine as a way of strengthening the moral fiber of the Filipino - a people who are "Helpers of God", proud of their race and prepared for the exemplary global participation in the arts, sciences, humanities, and business.
It foresees the Filipino people enjoying a quality of life in abundance, living in peace, and building a nation that the next generation will nourish, cherish, and value.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is dedicated to the development of the Filipino as a leader. It aims to graduate dynamic students who are physically, intellectually, socially and spiritually committed to the achievement of the highest quality of life.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA traces its roots from the desire of Dr. Jose G. Tamayo and wife, Dr. Josefina Laperal Tamayo to answer the call of the government to promote health and educational development in the rural areas when they founded what is now known as the University of Perpetual Help System JONELTA in 1968.
Inspired by his parents' commitment and belief in the betterment of life through national development and transformation, the University of the Perpetual Help System DALTA, one of the premier universities in the Philippines was founded by Dr./BGEN Antonio Laperal Tamayo and wife, Daisy Moran Tamayo on February 5, 1975.
The school which was first named as Perpetual Help College of Rizal (PHCR) was established along Alabang-Zapote Road, Las Piñas, City. It was housed in a four-story building and catered about 700 students in Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
From this small beginning, the school began to expand in terms of curricular programs, faculty, research, community service, infrastructure, and professional development. In 1997, the Commission on Higher Education granted the University status to the college, thus, the change of name to the Perpetual Help Medical Center (PHMC).
The University established two (2) branches in addition to several agri-businesses. Back in May 1995, the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA - Molino was established and inaugurated with an initial enrollment of 700 students. The following year, the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA - Calamba was established in inaugurated with 360 enrollees.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA has recently has been recognized by Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) as the only institution south of Metro Manila to have the most number of Level III Accredited programs.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA subscribes to the institutional philosophy that national development and transformation is predicated upon the quality of education of its people. It is committed to the ideas of teaching, community service and research, with "Character Building is National Building" as its guiding principle. It is continuing in its efforts to achieve its objective of maintaining and sustaining excellence in education. It has instituted an extensive network of national and international linkages in Higher Education and Business. It has established its indelible Perpetualite identity as it steadfastly enshrines its Perpetualite values and aspirations.
Administration and Governance
The University of Perpetual Help System is governed by a single Board of Directors with 15 members. Each group - University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, University of Perpetual Help System JONELTA, and UPH-Dr Jose G. Tamayo Medical University Foundation - is represented by five (5) directors who directly report to a single Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Dr./BGEN Antonio Laperal Tamayo.
The Board of Directors govern the UPHS through a Central Office headed by CEO Tamayo. He also created the Executive Board of the UPH Las Pinas and UPH Binan which directly formulates, implements, and supervises all policies, guidelines, programs and projects relative to the philosophy, vision, mission, accreditation, standardization of currcular content and instruction, quality assurance, professional development, faculty research, and community service, among others. Both UPH Las Pinas and UPH Binan have their respective Presidents who act as Chief Operating Officers (COO's) of their respective campuses. They both directly report and are responsible to the CEO.
Following the steps of Dr./BGEN Antonio L. Tamayo and Dr. Daisy Moran Tamayo are their two sons, Anthony Jose Tamayo and Richard Antonio Tamayo. Both sons are cum laude graduates of the University of the Philippines and are presidents of the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA campuses and University of Perpetual DALTA Medical Center, respectively.
Anthony Jose M. Tamayo is a cum laude graduate of Accountancy in University of the Philippines-Diliman, a Certified Public Accountant, MBA Degree holder from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, and MA in Education Degree holder from Harvard University.
On the other hand, Richard Antonio M. Tamayo was a cum laude graduate of Business Economics in University of the Philippines-Diliman, He is also a graduate of Squadron Officers' Course (SOC) of Air Force Officers' School-Philippine Air Force, and a Master in Business Administration-Health at the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business. He finished his Owner/President Management Program (OPM) at Harvard Business School in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Moreover, Richard Antonio M. Tamayo is also the president of other DALTA companies including Dalta Builders, Inc., Health Care and Development Inc., Dalta Jonelta Foundation Inc, and A8 Travel and Tours. He also serves as the Executive Vice President for Administration for DALTA Group of Companies Central Office and Executive Director of DALTA Group of Companies, Zero Waste Management Committee.
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Las Piñas Campus
Formerly named as Perpetual Help College of Rizal (PHCR), the first and biggest University of Perpetual Help System DALTA located in Las Pinas City has a population of around 14,000 students and employs about 1,370 teaching and non-teaching staff. It offers more than 70 undergraduate and more than 10 post-graduate academic programs in addition to its primary and secondary academic offerings.
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Molino Campus
The second campus of the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is located in Molino, Bacoor, Cavite. The campus was established and inaugurated in May 1995. Currently, the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA caters to a student population of more than 6,000 - a dramatic increase based on its initial 700 enrollees. Standing tall in a pristine land area of six (6) hectares, the Molino campus is now the most notable educational institution if Bacoor, Cavite and its neighboring towns.
More than its structure, the people that comprise this thriving institution have continuously grown physically, intellectually, socially and spiritually as they consistently uphold the philosophy of the University: to invoke Divine Guidance in the betterment of Filipino live through quality education.
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Calamba Campus
The third University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, the Calamba campus was established in 1996 with only 360 students. To date, its enrollment has dramatically increased to 4,150 enrollees. Strategically located in Barangay Paciano Rizal, Calamba City, the 4-hectare campus has an impressive line of state-of-the-art educational facilities conducive for learning.
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) since 1984. NCAA is an athletics association of ten colleges and universities in the Philippines. Students, faculty and staff members also participate in intramural and club sports, and use the excellent athletics and fitness facilities.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is a member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines) since 1984 with UPHSD Altas as the team representing the school in various sports.
The moniker ‘Altas’ comes from the Latin word “high,” symbolizing UPHD's aspirations for further greatness. At the same time, it comes from the initials of the school founder, Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo.
The senior varsity teams for men are named UPHSD Altas. The junior teams are the UPHSD Altalettes, while the women's teams are the UPHSD Lady Altas.
Since it has joined the league, the Altas basketball team had won two General Championships from their winning years 1995-1996 and 1996-1997 in two consecutive seasons. They were able to reach the final four in the semifinals on NCAA’s 80th season and in the 88th season under coach Januario “Aric” del Rosario. The most recent time that the university hosted the tournament was on 2011 of NCAA Season 87: Brazen at ‘87.
The Altas Perpsquad nabbed the 1st Runner Up position in the National Cheerleading and Dance Championship National Capital Regional Qualifiers College Coed Division held from February 2 to 3, 2013 at the Music Hall of SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City.
The Altas men’s pair, Jay Dela Cruz and Sandy Montero, seized their first ever championship crown. The Junior Team, Jherald Martinez and Cristopher Soriano, placed second in their barefoot fight in the beach volleyball finals.
In Season 87, the Altas men’s volleyball team won their 7th league crown via sweep in an immaculate record of 14-0 win from elimination to the final round.
The Lady Altas likewise swept its championship series to secure its first victory since joining the league in 1984 and to cap an undefeated 14-game season.
In Season 88, the ALTAS and Lady ALTAS grab its two peat Back to Back Championship. The Lady Altas nabs its back-toback- championship and the ALTAS continued its reign of the Championship crown for three consecutive years (NCAA Volleyball Season 86th, 87th, and 88th).
- Basic Education The Basic Education Program of the University of Perpetual Help consist of Pre-school, Grade School, and Business High School. The University's Basic Education Department nurtures and educates the leaders and achievers of tomorrow. The University build a strong foundation by providing its students with a business inclined K-12 program.
- Senior High School The University of Perpetual Help nurtures and empowers the students by providing them the most comprehensive Senior High School Curriculum. Enriched with relevant business course across all tracks, Perpetual prepares them in their journey towards their chosen fields. As a premier University giving quality education for 40 years, Perpetual provides the building blocks of education for the 21st Century learners. Through its Senior High School Program, Perpetual connect students to the future; taking them to the new arena of knowledge. As a Perpetualite Senior High School Graduate, they become equipped to pursue college, attain employment and start its entrepreneurial venture worldwide. We offer all four (4) tracks: Academic, Arts and Design, Sports, and Tech-Vocational and Livelihood to address the needs of the 21st Century skill learners.
- College The University of Perpetual Help offers different academic programs, namely:
- Graduate School
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education (PhD)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEd)
- Master of Arts in Nursing (MAN)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Medical and Health Courses
- Doctor in Medicine
- Doctor in Dental Medicine
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Nursing
- BS Occupational Therapy
- BS Pharmacy
- BS Physical Therapy
- BS Radiologic Technology
- BS Respiratory Therapy
- Associate in Denstistry
- BS Accountancy
- BS Accounting Technology
- BS Business Administration
- BS Entrepreneurship
- Computer Studies
- BS Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- International Hospitality Management
- BS Hotel and Restaurant Management
- BS Tourism
- Associate in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Merchatronics Engineering
- Maritime Education
- BS Marine Engineering
- BS Marine Transportation
- BS Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Bridging Programs
- BS MEchanical/Electrical Engineering to BS Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Arts and Sciences
- AB Communication
- AB Multimedia Arts
- AB Political Science
- AB Psychology
- BS Psychology
- Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Aviation Electronics Technology
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Commercial Pilot
- Flight Instructor
- Instrument Rating
- Multi Engine Rating
- Private Pilot
- Flight Attendant Training Program
- TESDA Courses
- Agricultural Crops Production NC1
- Animal Production NC2
- Auto Service Training with OJT in Japan (Autobacs) NC1
- Automotive Servicing NC1, NC2, and NC3
- Bartending NC2
- Caregiving NC2
- Commercial cooking/Cookery NC2
- Computer Hardware Servicing NC2
- Consumer Electronics Servicing NC2
- Food and Beverages Services NC2
- Health Care Services NC2
- Housekeeping NC2
- Medical Transcription NC2
- Refrigeration and Air conditioning Services NC1, NC2
Admission (Payment Scheme, Scholarship, Requirements)
- Tuition Assistance Program The University of Perpetual Help cares about the students' education by keeping the tuition fees affordable through easy payment scheme. In addition, the University helps fulfill dreams of deserving yet underprivileged students. The University provides quality Perpetual education through scholarship for high school graduates with honors, athletes, officers and members of certain co-curricular organizations and deserving children of selected families from chosen communities.
- Admission Requirements For Freshmen
- Original Report Card (Form 138)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Birth Certificate (NSO Copy)
- Three (3) copies of latest 2x2 picture
- Result of the National Career Assessment Examination or Occupational Interest Inventory for HS Cert. of Rating For Transferees
- Transfer Credential/Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Certified True Copy of Grades
- Birth Certificate (NSO Copy)
- Three (3) copies of latest 2x2 picture
- Entrance examination For Degree Holder
- Transcript of Records
- Birth Certificate (NSO Copy)
- Three (3) copies of latest 2x2 picture For Cross Enrollees
- Permit to Cross-enroll certificate
- Birth Certificate (NSO Copy)
- One (1) copy of latest 2x2 picture For Foreign Students
- Student Visa or Special Study Permit
- Transcript of Records/Scholastic Records
- Authenticated Copy of Birth Certificate
- Three (3) copies of latest 2x2 picture
- Entrance Examination For Entrance Examination
- 1 long white folder
- 1 long brown envelope
- Black ballpen
Affiliations, Accreditation and Membership
- ISO 9001
- Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA)
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
- Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP)
- University Mobility in Asian and the Pacific (UMAP
- Coordinating Council of Private Educational Associates (COCOPEA)
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Department of Education (DepEd)
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
- National Research Council of the Philippines (NRCP)
- Consortium of the South
- Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)
- Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Philam Asset Management, Inc. (PAMI)
- PCCI Las Pinas
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL)
The Perpetualite Community
The University of Perpetual Help created the Perpetualite Community to build a strong rapport with its students. The University wants to connect students to and maintain a friendly and God-fearing atmosphere over the internet. As a community with one goal of building the nation's next generation of leaders, the University wants them to have a virtual 'common room' to interact with co-Perpetualite. Moreover, the new Perpetualite Community aims to inform, educate and even entertain students by providing them with the latest happening in and out of the campus through the 'News and Updates', Community (Groups, Member Activity, Forums, Members), Blogs, and Education Around the World tabs.
The University of Perpetual help commits itself in providing foreign students with easy access to high quality of education, research, training, and real-life experience. We offer reliable, efficient and specialized services for on-the-job training abroad giving students opportunities to grow, reduce cultural barriers and lessen disparities among the Perpetualite community.
Perpeforming Arts Group
Performing Arts Group (PAG) is the umbrella organization of all artistic activities in the fields of music, theater, and song and dance arts which serve as a haven for student-artists from various colleges of the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA.
Under the PAG are UPH Chorale, Sanlahi Pangkat Mananayaw (Folk Dance Troupe), Dulaang Perpetual (Theater Arts), and Perpetual Street Dance.
UPHSD Extension School at the Bureau of Corrections
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD)’s 28-year-old Collegiate Extension School at the Bureau of Corrections in Muntinlupa City is one of the corporate social responsibility programs of UPHSD and the Bureau of Corrections. It has produced more than 400 inmate-graduates. Many of these graduates have been released from prison and are now gainfully employed.
The program was founded by Dr./Bgen Antonio Laperal Tamayo, Chairman of the Board and CEO of the UPHS and former BuCor Director Vicente Eduardo in 1984. Currently, the UPHSD Extension school offers academic programs in Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing Management, and Computer Hardware Servicing Course.
University of Perpetual Help Learning Center
Located in Sitio Lawaan, Lumangbayan, Abra de Ilog, Occidental Mindoro, the University of Perpetual Help Learning Center Mission School provides the Mangyan tribe, the indigenous people in the area, with free education, inclusive of their uniforms, school supplies, learning materials, clothing and even other personal necessities.
It was envisioned by Dr./Bgen Antonio Laperal Tamayo to help the tribe gain an upper hand in the social ladder of life. Thus, instilling in them ideas of citizenship and promote further social and intellectual development.
The school has embarked into a Functional Literacy Program last June 9, 2012 and officially received its Certificate of Recognition last September 13, 2012 from the Department of Education (DepED) of Region IV – MIMAROPA Division of Occidental Mindoro, Mamburao, thereby becoming a part of the Alternative Learning System (ALS) and Projects.
- Official University of Perpetual Help System Website
- Official University of Perpetual Help System DALTA Website
- South India Admission Office
- Indian Associated Partner