Welcome to the homepage of DRosenbach. I am currently the Head of Project for WikiProject Dentistry.
- 1 About me
- 2 Locations I have lectured
- 3 Some quotes
- 4 Favorite songs
- 5 Favorite books
- 6 Why I am enamoured of British literature, exemplified
- 7 Favorite examples of ridiculously poor sentence structure in peer reviewed, published articles
- 8 Wikipedia
- 8.1 Significant Contributions
- 8.1.1 General Science/Medicine
- 8.1.2 Oral Pathology/Oral Radiology
- 8.1.3 Periodontology and implant dentistry
- 8.1.4 Endodontology
- 8.1.5 Prosthodontology
- 8.1.6 Orthodontology
- 8.1.7 General Dentistry
- 8.1.8 Statistics
- 8.1.9 Diagrams + photos
- 8.1.10 Judaism
- 8.1.11 Other
- 8.1.12 Rescued from AfD
- 8.1.13 Second-Order Wikipedia
- 8.2 General topics and specific items in which I am interested
- 8.3 Scholars of particular noteworthiness
- 8.4 Userboxes
- 8.1 Significant Contributions
2017 - Present: Expert witness, Dental Liability Insurances (various)
2015 - 2018: Associate director, PGY-2 Implant Fellowship, Department of General Dentistry; Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center
2013 - Present: Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
2013 - 2014: Clinical instructor & course director, Department of Postgraduate Periodontology; Lutheran Medical Center
2012 - Present: Clinical instructor & course director, Department of General Dentistry; Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center
2012 - Present: Passaic Park Dental Study Group; Founder & Executive Director
2008 - 2009: Various private dental practices/clinics
2003 - 2007: New Jersey Dental School
2000 - 2003: Yeshiva University
1999 - 2000: Ohr Yerushalayim
1996 - 1999: The Marsha Stern Talmudical Academy; Yeshiva University
1987 - 1995: Manhattan Day School
1985 - 1987: Mesivta Tiferes Yerushalayim
Locations I have lectured
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled," ~Richard Feynman, criticizing NASA’s management for their serious deficiencies, in his appendix to the Rogers Commission Report
"Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be. But half the bee has got to be vis a vis his entity - d'you see? But can a bee be said to be or not to be an entire bee when half the bee is not a bee due to some ancient injury?" ~Eric Idle, Monty Python
"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; knowledge without compassion is inhuman," ~Victor Frederick Weisskopf
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain
"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans," ~John Lennon
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education," ~Mark Twain
- The storm starts
- when the drops start dropping.
- When the drops stop dropping,
- then the storm starts stopping. ~Dr. Seuss, Oh Say Can You Say?
- If you're a bird, be an early early bird,
- to catch that worm for you dinner plate.
- If you're a bird, be an early early bird,
- but if you're a worm, sleep late. ~Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it" ~Grand Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda
"If you only do what you can do, you'll never be more than you are now" ~Master Shifu, Kung Fu Panda 3
"It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that's not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything." ~Stephen Colbert, explaining truthiness.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." ~Michael Shermer, quoted in Thomas Kida's Don't Believe Everything You Think
- I wonder why. I wonder why.
- I wonder why I wonder.
- I wonder why I wonder
- why I wonder why I wonder. ~Richard Feynman
- "Can anyone even remember now what Nixon did that was so terrible? He ended the war in Vietnam, brought home the POWs, ended the war in the Mideast, opened relations with China, started the first nuclear weapons reduction treaty, saved Eretz Israel's life, started the Environmental Protection Administration. Does anyone remember what he did that was bad?
- Oh, now I remember. He lied. He was a politician who lied. How remarkable. He lied to protect his subordinates who were covering up a ridiculous burglary that no one to this date has any clue about its purpose. He lied so he could stay in office and keep his agenda of peace going. That was his crime. He was a peacemaker and he wanted to make a world where there was a generation of peace. And he succeeded.
- That is his legacy. He was a peacemaker. He was a lying, conniving, covering up peacemaker. He was not a lying, conniving drug addict like JFK, a lying, conniving war starter like LBJ, a lying, conniving seducer like Clinton — a lying, conniving peacemaker." ~Ben Stein
"Our eyes locked, and someone threw away the key." ~Annie Dillard, Living like Weasels
- Tell me, why do people always say that it was natural for man to assume that the Sun went around the Earth rather than that the Earth was rotating?
- Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going around the Earth.
- Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth were rotating? ~Ludwig Wittgenstein
- Mr. Tamborine Man (Bob Dylan)
- Piano Man (Billy Joel)
- Iris (John Rzeznik - Goo Goo Dolls)
- Good Riddance (Billy Joe Armstrong - Green Day)
- Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
- Hallelujah (Rufus Wainwright)
- I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)
- Take Five (The Dave Brubeck Quartet)
- Pachelbel's Canon (Johann Pachelbel)
- You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban)
- Heart of Mine (Peter Salett)
- Hey, Soul Sister (Patrick Monahan - Train)
- Crazy (Cee Lo Green - Gnarls Barkley)
- We Are the Champions (Freddie Mercury - Queen)
- Don't Stop Me Now (Freddie Mercury - Queen)
- Demons (Imagine Dragons)
- How to Save a Life (The Fray)
- I Will Wait (Mumford & Sons)
- Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
- Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's)
- Ho Hey (The Lumineers)
- Love Runs Out (OneRepublic)
- Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)
- You and Me (Lifehouse)
- (Everything I Do) I Do It for You (Bryan Adams)
- Take Me to Church (Hozier)
- Somebody That I Used to Know (Goyte)
- Rosh Hashana (Rabbi Yehuda HaNasi)
- Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
- Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling)
- Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow (Orson Scott Card)
Why I am enamoured of British literature, exemplified
- "Mr. Bennet, how can you abuse your own children in such a way? You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves."
- "You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these twenty years at least."
- "I said he might, and he shook hands with me again, and emptied his glass and turned it upside-down. I did the same; and if I had turned myself upside-down before drinking, the wine could not have gone more directly to my head."
- "I, trembling in spirit and worshipping the very hem of her dress; she, quite composed and most decidedly not worshipping the hem of mine."
- ~Pip referring to Estella, chapter 29
- "They both had weak eyes, which I had long attributed to their chronically looking in at keyholes, and they were always at hand when not wanted; indeed that was their only reliable quality besides larceny."
- ~Pip referring to his housekeeper and her niece, chapter 40
Favorite examples of ridiculously poor sentence structure in peer reviewed, published articles
- An overhanging dental restoration is primarily found in the Class II restoration, since access for interdental cleansing is often difficult in these areas, even for patients with good oral hygiene.
- Matthews, DC; Tabesh, M: "Detection of localized tooth-related factors that predispose to periodontal infections" Periodontology 2000 24;2004:136-150.
|The Original Barnstar|
|Creation of Anim Zemirot, a page I was planning on. Xyz7890 (talk) 19:03, 8 July 2008 (UTC)|
The Refdesk Barnstar
Your answer was exactly what I needed, you deserve this. ♠The Ace of Spades(talk) 02:43, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Anterior pituitary, Protheria, Parthenogenesis, Addison's disease, Negative feedback, Craig Ewert, Cytochrome c, Evidence of common descent, Functional matrix hypothesis, SIBLING proteins, Chondrocranium, Bradford-Hill criteria, Karnovsky fixative
Oral Pathology/Oral Radiology
Globulomaxillary cyst, Median alveolar cyst, Median palatal cyst, Nasolabial cyst, Nasopalatine duct cyst, Nikolsky's sign, Actinic cheilitis, Gemination, Diascopy, Blanch, Vermillion border, Enamel tufts, Enamel spindles, Enamel lamellae, Full mouth series, Bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw, Tooth impaction, Mach bands, Rete pegs, Prechordal plate, Mandibular incisive canal, Dentin sialophosphoprotein, Hyaline layer of Hopewell-Smith, Dentin sialoprotein, Lamina limitans, Lingual foramen, Riga-Fede disease, Alveolar osteitis, Stafne defect, C-terminal telopeptide, N-terminal telopeptide, Cone beam computed tomography, Buccal object rule
Periodontology and implant dentistry
Crown lengthening, Occlusal trauma, Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Template:Periodontology, Gingival and periodontal pockets, Scaling and root planing, Bleeding on probing, Gingival enlargement, Junctional epithelium, Sulcular epithelium, Free gingival margin, Mucogingival junction, Stippling, Gingival fibers, Gingivectomy, Periodontitis, Calculus, Interdental papilla, Periodontal currette, Periodontal scaler, Open contact, Per-Ingvar Brånemark, John W. Riggs, W. J. Younger, James Leon Williams, Willoughby D. Miller, Dennis P. Tarnow, Bone destruction patterns in periodontal disease, Jan Lindhe, Debridement (dental), Bone graft, Barrier membrane, Gluma, Enamel matrix derivative, Bundle bone, Pocket reduction surgery, Furcation defect, Paul Roscoe Stillman, Linear gingival erythema, Periodontosis, Periodontitis as a manifestation of systemic disease, Necrotizing periodontal disease, Abscesses of the periodontium, Combined periodontic-endodontic lesions, TSBV, Peri-implantitis, Red complex, Gingipain, Demineralized freeze dried bone allograft, Gingivitis, Periodontal diagnosis and classification, Preston D. Miller, Hom-Lay Wang, Platform switching, Running room (dentistry), Underwood's septa, Schneiderian membrane, Bone remodeling period, Peri-implant mucositis, Streptococcus gordonii, Tomas Albrektsson, Subepithelial connective tissue graft, Periodontal pathogen, Gary Greenstein, Implant-abutment junction, Jay Seibert, Ante's law, John Cavallaro, Brian Mealey
Dentures, Removable partial dentures, Crown and bridge, Post and core, Occlusion, Dental midline, Maximum intercuspation, Vertical dimension of occlusion, Cusp, Centric relation, Mutually protected occlusion, Inlays and onlays, Template:Prosthodontology, Crown-to-root ratio, Akers' clasp, Polk E. Akers, Wax rims
TMJ, Trigeminal ganglion, Mastication, Edentulous, Edentulism, Commonly used terms of relationship and comparison in dentistry, Loupes, Sealant, Preparation (dental), Auguste Taveau, Biomedical Tissue Services, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, Ira B. Lamster, Template:ADADS, Postgraduate training in general dentistry in the United States, Cementoenamel junction, Pennsylvania Dental College, Michael Glick, Touro College of Dental Medicine
Diagrams + photos
- Stippled gingiva, Calculus, Scaler1, Scaler2, Currettes, Endo, Chronic apical periodontitis, Crown lengthening, 5 inch laceration, Feet of kosher ungulates, Kosher sign of the Orthodox Union, Checking barley for bugs, Checking celery for bugs, Panoramic film, Tooth montage, Panoramic film depicting periodontitis, Perio disease
- Rabbi Mordechai Willig, Rabbi Yonason Sacks, Rabbi Jeremy Wieder, Rabbi Baruch Simon, Rabbi Saul Berman, Rabbi Nosson Slifkin, Template:YU Roshei Yeshiva, Lionel Ziprin, Mordechai ben David, Paysach Krohn, Hyman Goldin, Nachum Segal, Rabbi Reuven Feinstein, Rabbi Jonathan Rietti, Rabbi Mordechai Suchard, Rabbi Mordechai Becher, Rabbi Meir Atlas, Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman, Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen, Rabbi Abraham Cohen Pimentel, Rabbi Zelig Epstein, Eliyahu Benamozegh, Rav Yochanan ben Zakai, Chaim Mordechai Margaliot, Joseph Rosenberger, Joseph Kaminetsky, Modi Rosenfeld, Steven I. Weiss, Voltaire + Judaism, Meir Dan Plotzky, Yechiel Eckstein, Yaakov Yosef Herman, Joseph Potasnik, Isaac Bernstein, The Maccabeats, Shlomo HaKohen of Lissa, Akiva Yosef Schlesinger, Yoav Yehoshua Weingarten, Dov Seidman, Alissa Thomas-Newborn, Lila Kagedan, Nicolas Muzin
- Tallis, Kosher style, Yeshiva University, Tefillin, Kippah, Dor Yesharim, The Omphalos hypothesis, The Challenge of Creation, Kosher foods, Kashrus, Gateways, Gezeirah shava, Kal vachomer, Customs and Traditions of Jewish Weddings, Tinok shenishba, Nafka minnah, Tzaraath, Tofasta meruba lo tofasta, Anim Zemirot, Torah, Tanach, Milk and meat, Tzidkatcha Tzedek, Ben yomo, Positive time-bound mitzvot, Shir Shel Yom, Uncle Moishy and the Mitzvah Men, Amen, Shomea k'oneh, Toch k'dei dibur, D'Oraita and D'Rabbanan, B'rov am hadrat melech, Ikar v'tafel, Yad soledet bo, Cooking on Shabbat, Lulav, Israeli airport security, Jewish reactions to intelligent design, Oorah, Inc., Yichud, Birkat Hachamah, Be'er Heitev, Shviti, Osek b'mitzvah patur min hamitzvah, Tonsure in Judaism, Biblical Museum of Natural History, The Bamboo Cradle
- Tom Newman, George Webber, Christina Machamer, Marc Okrand, Graham Elliot, Kevin McCormack, Michael Boyd (aviation), Nathaniel Highmore (surgeon), Geoffrey Lower, Peter Salett, José Penna, Jacqueline Isaac, Michael Thevis
- JezzBall, Wise Foods, Inc., King Harold, Hidden Mickey, Skinny House of Long Beach, California, Redskins Rule, Two Rivers Regional Correctional Facility, Stamford Cone, Big Nazo, Heart of Mine (2000 song), Arden's Garden, Assassin, Andy & Evan, Ninja lanternshark, CMA CGM Benjamin Franklin, Richardson Ridge, Catachresis
General topics and specific items in which I am interested
Judaism, Dentistry, Zoology, Biology, Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team/Dentistry articles by quality, Lower East Side of Manhattan, Passaic, Richard Feynman, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Spaceballs, Back to the Future, Pride and Prejudice, Novels by Robin Cook, M. C. Escher, Grelling-Nelson paradox, Monty Hall problem, Harry Potter, Gil Student, Borromean rings, Fallacy of four terms, Logical consequence, Paraprosdokian, Illusory superiority + Dunning–Kruger effect, List of chemical compounds with unusual names, Dollar auction, Null hypothesis, Vesica piscis, Aposematism, Villarceau circles, Logarithmic spiral, Droste effect, Hapax legomenon, Folke Bernadotte, Black swan theory, Ship of Theseus, Northwest Angle, Antinomianism, Ineffabilis Deus, Tessellation, Metatron, Menahem Azariah da Fano, Apparent death, False dilemma, Mithridatism, Poe's law, Map–territory relation, Post hoc ergo propter hoc, Mosab Hassan Yousef, Charles Liebman, Saul Lieberman, Louis Finkelstein, Berechiah ha-Nakdan, Stuart Varney, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Olbers' paradox, File:Waveforms.svg
Scholars of particular noteworthiness
Simeon ben Zemah Duran, David ben Solomon ibn Abi Zimra, Samson Raphael Hirsch, Yeshayahu Leibowitz, Isaac Breuer, Moses Mendelssohn, Louis Jacobs, Menachem Kellner, Samuel ibn Tibbon, Jacob Anatoli, Moses ben Joshua, Isaac Albalag, Samuel David Luzzatto, Solomon Schechter, Isaac Abrabanel, Haym Soloveitchik, Joseph Albo
|A fact from DRosenbach appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 24 September 2008 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
|A fact from DRosenbach appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 25 November 2008 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know