User talk:Panyd/Archive 11
- 1 Angry Issue - (just for the sake of a title)
- 2 Pine River-Backus Secondary School
- 3 Enjoy!
- 4 Recent merge/delete
- 5 Disambiguation link notification for November 4
- 6 The Signpost: 05 November 2012
- 7 Unspoken
- 8 Please delete the page Apple Turnover (Kings Dominion)
- 9 The Signpost: 12 November 2012
- 10 Disambiguation link notification for November 15
- 11 Disambiguation link notification for November 22
- 12 Disambiguation link notification for December 8
- 13 Takuya Kimura
- 14 Disambiguation link notification for December 17
- 15 Spry Fox
- 16 Yo Ho Ho
- 17 Merry Christmas
- 18 Hi
- 19 A barnstar for you!
- 20 Assistance
- 21 Talk page of a moved page
- 22 Thank you
- 23 FC Seoul transfers
- 24 mentioned
- 25 Template:Did you know nominations/Pyotr Verzilov
- 26 A kitten for you!
- 27 Precious again
- 28 DYK for Puppy pregnancy syndrome
- 29 Disambiguation link notification for April 3
- 30 Thanks!
- 31 DYK for Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident
- 32 Rejected DYK
- 33 Cheers
- 34 fffhp
- 35 A kitten for you!
- 36 Thanks!
- 37 A barnstar for you!
- 38 File:John R Rickards.jpg missing description details
Angry Issue - (just for the sake of a title)
I just started creating a page and not a minute went by and you deleted it, What gives. you have no patience, am I supposed to create all the page beforehand???? I can't check to see that what I am writing is working because soemone with a trigger happy finger cannot wait a single minute???
and now you don't answer???? where is your speedy finger?????
As I read other posts you argue that a certain page was deleted after 24hours of no improvement. You deleted the page I was writing a minute after I started it. Please use some common sense or get a life.
I believe the argument that an article can't be speedied on the grounds that the subject is a school only applies to the A7 criterion. Since this is as blatant a G11 as it gets, I brought the article to AfD. -- Blanchardb -Me•MyEars•MyMouth- timed 18:24, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- I agree. I came here to post a similar message. —teb728 t c 18:38, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Hey, Panyd! Not to pile on or anything, but my understanding of the school exemption is that it only applies to A7, as the above editors noted. The article also appears to be a direct copy/paste job from https://sites.google.com/a/prbschools.org/prbhs/ ; the probably copyright violation plus the very clearly promotional nature led me to delete. Cheers! Writ Keeper ⚇♔ 19:13, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
|Hot cocoa, yum|
|Sounds like a delectable plan! Writ Keeper ⚇♔ 20:04, 31 October 2012 (UTC)|
Please move the (former) history of logical consequence to a subpage of talk:entailment. This is needed to preserve the copyright unless you've done a WP:HISTMERGE (which you don't seem to have done) because the pages were merged at one point; see Talk:Entailment. If this is too confusing you could ask a more experienced admin for help, e.g. User:CBM. Tijfo098 (talk) 04:17, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Logical consequence, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Conclusion (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- I am but a page mover. This language they speak - maths - I do not speak it. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 14:18, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
The Signpost: 05 November 2012
- Op-ed: 2012 WikiCup comes to an end
- News and notes: Wikimedian photographic talent on display in national submissions to Wiki Loves Monuments
- In the media: Was climate change a factor in Hurricane Sandy?
- Discussion report: Protected Page Editor right; Gibraltar hooks
- WikiProject report: Listening to WikiProject Songs
- Featured content: Jack-O'-Lanterns and Toads
- Technology report: Hue, Sqoop, Oozie, Zookeeper, Hive, Pig and Kafka
- Hey! It's a really good start but the sources are almost all primary, the exception being K-LOVE, and this is a problem when trying to establish notability. Really it should be using reliable secondary sources so that claims can be independently verified. You can request for the article to be moved to your userspace to work on it more without fear of it being deleted but if you have some secondary sources to hand it shouldn't be too tricky to fix! PanydThe muffin is not subtle 19:09, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
Please delete the page Apple Turnover (Kings Dominion)
Will you please delete the page Apple Turnover (Kings Dominion) at 10:28 today because I dont want it on wikipedia. Thanks
The Signpost: 12 November 2012
- News and notes: Court ruling complicates the paid-editing debate
- WikiProject report: Land of parrots, palm trees, and the Holy Cross: WikiProject Brazil
- Featured content: The table has turned
- Technology report: MediaWiki 1.20 and the prospects for getting 1.21 code reviewed promptly
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Tonia Buxton, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page TLC (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Philipp Naegele (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to High School of Music and Art
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Takuya Kimura, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Kanto (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Sorry I don´t get it - why is it useful to remove information about Kimura Takuya doramas? And by the way, what is the link to City Hunter?
Thanks for enlighting me User:126.96.36.199
- Hello! The City Hunter link was a rather errant sentence (I've been doing a lot of BLPs), but I have fixed the error so thank you very much for pointing it out.
- There doesn't appear to a firm consensus on this (as far as I've ever found), but when there is a long filmography, it should either warrant its own article or be turned into prose which focuses on the main achievements. This is a stylistic difference but I think it helps highlight the subject's work a lot better than drowning the article in names. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 17:43, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
Kimura Takuya TV shows : Hello - I wanted to check some information about the drama of Kimura, and what a surprise, his filmo disappeared - actually, it looks like you deleted it. I can indeed read your explanation above, but what is that? There was a clear list of his works (the same kind as what you could find with Johnny Depp) and still you delete it. I am very sorry to note that you are a Wiki administrator, because then it seems nothing can be done to undo your doings except not consider any longer Wiki as a reference for a fair and clear information. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:29, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
- I did, and if you had read the above you would understand my reasoning. You are more than welcome to undo my edits! Being an administrator just means I clean up messes, including my own if necessary, although I don't consider this to be one of them.
- I'd ask that you look at the differences in the article before and after. Beforehand, the article mostly consisted of information which was not verified, or indeed had almost no references, other than to support which awards he had won. It also highlighted little of his work; instead, listing every appearance.
- After editing, there was a more concise summary of Takuya's work, with references to support details of his early life and career, major acting achievements and personal life. The picture was also moved so as to present an article with a better layout which would be more accessible to the reader.
- Not only does this, in my opinion, make for an article which better highlights the actor's work, but it also removes issues of notability which may have occurred due to a lack of sources with which claims would be verified.
- If you wish to make a separate article dedicated to the entire filmography of Takuya, an article like this one would be perfect!
- I hope this has answered all of your questions. If you know of anyone else with similar concerns, please direct them to this reply. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 21:43, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Fred Morrison, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Scottish (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
I recently created a short article on the video games company Spry Fox, and as I checked the incoming links I saw one from User talk:Jbone414 where you mention an article that he wrote on the subject that you had to speedy delete. If the article that he posted is User talk:Jbone414/Spry Fox (eloquently titled "This page should not be speedy deleted because..."), I have no worry. But if you find that the information I included is still insufficient to demonstrate notability, please do give me a heads up. It's just a tiny stub, but I think that the relative popularity of some of their games justifies one. Cheers --Jules.LT (talk) 20:30, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
Yo Ho Ho
|Merry Christmas Starship9000 (talk) 23:45, 25 December 2012 (UTC)|
Hi, I might be completely wrong. But something is wrong concerning the IP that I have reported at Admins intervention against vandalism, it just feels like the user is someone who has been blocked on his original account. If not the IP is very rude in comments and overly argumentative and does heavily edit articles, and bites established users that questions his edits. All I ask is that you take an extra look. Thanks.--BabbaQ (talk) 17:09, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for editing my page. Suhailsmsm (talk) 17:54, 19 January 2013 (UTC)|
Hi Panyd. If you have a moment, would it be possible to either salt Julie Datrsavs and Julie Datsravs or temporarily block User:Selenatorjuliedatsravs. Many thanks, Mkdwtalk 20:37, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
- Salted away. Put a message on the user's talk page to use the article wizard earlier. Hope they take my advice. Given that they can't create the articles any more I don't see any reason to block just this second. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 20:43, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
Talk page of a moved page
Hi. After moving a page to a new title (old to new), what about the previous talk page (old talk) and the new talk page (the ex redirect talk page) (ex redirect talk)? Is it necessary to merge the two pages, or just to adjust the new one with the recent changes of the old one? Thanks, KShiger (talk) 00:52, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
- Looking at it it's only necessary to do a partial merge because there was only one edit that wasn't made by a bot. I have now done this merge. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm new to merging and it's lovely to have a reminder. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 14:28, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
I got started trying to rescue the the Coppens article because the hair-trigger timing of the AfD seemed kind of bullyish.
Then I read all the non-reliable source stuff and was struck by the guys' good humor and ability to disagree without being disagreeable, a trait I admire. When someone like Colavito, who'd devoted an awful lot of writing time to debunking Coppens, writes a memorial piece as kind as it was to him, I stop and take notice.
I tried to make clear that I'm no partisan advocating for fringe science. That's sort of why I included the wiktionary definitions of "malarkey" and "hokum" --- and the motivation behind my comment about the difference between policing fringe science and acknowledging the notability of fringe science popularizers.
I think you made a hard call and admire you for stepping up to the plate. I'd like to think the fact that you closed the AfD as a keeper is not the sole source for my admiration. I think it is.
I also recognize that some sources I used to try to rescue the article were more probative than others. It's a damn good thing I didn't have a mouthful of cola when I read your final aside: "(Though only a minor contributor to notability, his obituary on the extraordinarily notable and influential show, Coast to Coast, should make a modest impact on claims to the notability of the subject and their work)". If I had, I'd be shopping for a new keyboard right about now.
FC Seoul transfers
- Now I'm even more confused. You made a page which was a redirect to itself. I was simply asking why you thought that was a good idea. Was it a mistake? The wiki community is more than happy to help with these things. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 13:56, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- I really had a skepticism about wikipedia. I created many football articels on Engllish wikepedia just in order to delivery the information. I'm not English native speaker. So editing took vey long time. Absoutely I don't receive any money from wikipedia. I invested much my priva time. But my contruibutions are deleted. Because articles are too detailed and not notable. English users... especially American users ignored another coutry sports. For example I created many articles about South Korea foootbal clubs. But American user taged deletion on my article and eventually deleted. Reason was south korean clubs are not notable.. But There are manay not notable articles about American football. But That american is american football fan. So he overlooked not notable amercian football articles. Anyway, English wikipedia is just for american people and English native speakers. Non English speakers inn an unfavorable conditions. I conclubed Wikepdia is waste of lifetime and will leave soon. Footwiks (talk)
I am really glad you actually exist. I've mentioned you (sort of) at Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard#Block_review_requested (references buried in wikilinks). NE Ent 18:29, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
I see neither you nor Parsecboy involved in the review of this article. Do you have another account? If so, you should make this available to others. I don't think you can review for other people anyway...but just so you know. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 23:03, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for your gracing my pitiful self with your gracious advice. It means so much to have you come and warn me of my horrible misdeeds! Oh for love of gods, I hope other editors don't do an easy history search of Pyotr Verzilov then they would find I did that I did try and help out DYK process on the Pyotr article. Thank you kind sir for giving me your noble, sage input. You're right I will never try and help out again for fear of the DYK minions. -- Esemono (talk) 23:17, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
When promoting a DYK article, don't forget to give kitty his DYK nom credit!
A year ago, you were the 80th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, repeated in br'erly style, with more thanks for all the DYK credits you gave me since, including Heaven laughs, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 10:02, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
DYK for Puppy pregnancy syndrome
|On 2 April 2013, Did you know? was updated with a fact from the article Puppy pregnancy syndrome, which you created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that in India, people suffering from puppy pregnancy syndrome believe a dog bite can even impregnate men? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Puppy pregnancy syndrome. You are welcome to check how many hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, quick check) and it will be added to DYKSTATS if it got over 5,000. If you know of another interesting fact from a recently created article, then please suggest it on the Did you know? talk page.|
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited The Antiques Ghost Show, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Psychometry (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
DYK for Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident
|On 9 April 2013, Did you know? was updated with a fact from the article Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident, which you created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that the Aztec UFO Crash was faked to sell devices called "doodlebugs"? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident. You are welcome to check how many hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, quick check) and it will be added to DYKSTATS if it got over 5,000. If you know of another interesting fact from a recently created article, then please suggest it on the Did you know? talk page.|
Just for the record, you misread the history of Template:Did you know nominations/International Conference on Hollywoodism, which I am the nominator of. One reviewer, Ego White Tray, approved it. Another reviewer, Carabinieri, raised a series of objections to it, all of which I responded to and made changes to the article for. Carabinieri never followed up on my last set of responses and indeed has been largely absent from WP for the last month. Then BlueMoonset asked for another reviewer to come, which didn't happen. You have now rejected the nomination with the edit summary "It's been nigh-on a month and issues have not been addressed". But it's been a month due to lack of follow-up by Carabinieri and lack of another reviewer appearing, not due to any lack of action by me. Wasted Time R (talk) 10:50, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- You are completely right, I did misread that. I've put it back. Sorry. May I suggest that you wave your arms and jump up and down to draw people towards it? Obviously BlueMoonset has put on a label, and I can put one on for you as well, but talk page notes and making a fuss yourself would probably get a better response. It is rather criminal the way QPQ/noms are run. Damned if I know how to fix it though. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 14:55, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Thanks Panyd for having 'the cojones of an Andalusian grandmother' in passing my latest DYK about Picasso's poetry. Mind you, the hookline I chose was kinda tame compared to the some of the other options I mulled over. I seriously doubt I'll ever get to slip that many swear-words and other disgusting stuff into one article again. By the way, as I intend on reviewing more noms, please could you help me in installing the DYKcheck tool. I've tried, and to be honest the whole js.skin stuff totally throws me. Hillbillyholiday talk 16:28, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hey! It's pretty easy, all you have to do is go to Special:MyPage/skin.js (should take you to yours) and add this line in the body: importScript('User:Shubinator/DYKcheck.js'); //DYKcheck tool - if the page is empty, doesn't matter, stick it in there anyway - it's where all the cool scripts live!
- You can do it without instillation too.
- As for the hook, it was borderline, but I agree, you can't really go about making a hook on that and not have something slightly unseemly. Thank God it wasn't James Joyce! No telling what the overarching DYK community will make of it, but then again, we had wet and spanked Polish ladies for April fool. Bear that in mind if it gets challenged. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 16:37, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Unfortunately, I think I've said all that can be said about fffhp and it is still too short for DYK. However, as you have a keen eye for new oddities, I thought you might like it anyway. Hillbillyholiday talk 16:39, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
- I must abandon that article to the wilds. I tried to a) find sources and b) clean up the references - but both were beyond my talents. Do love me some weird though, so if you ever need other help I will at least try. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 20:16, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
- Cheers for trying, it can be tough with a single source thing like this. I even messaged the creator to get some more on his inspiration and whatnot. You were right about the article ending up in the wilds, it just got speedily deleted.. fffhp and harrummph Hillbillyholiday talk 23:51, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Have another kitty!
- I am both thankful and fearful....much like when I look at my own cat. PanydThe muffin is not subtle 23:17, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Special Barnstar|
|my first barnstar given out goes to panyd, for her work on DYK? for her dedication to fffhp, and for helping me get some really rather rude hooks on to the main page. Thanks!|
- Thank you so much! Maybe one day I can start a cattery, but rainbow stars are nice too! PanydThe muffin is not subtle 14:11, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
File:John R Rickards.jpg missing description details
is missing a description and/or other details on its image description page. If possible, please add this information. This will help other editors make better use of the image, and it will be more informative to readers.
If the information is not provided, the image may eventually be proposed for deletion, a situation which is not desirable, and which can easily be avoided.If you have any questions, please see Help:Image page. Thank you. Theo's Little Bot (error?) 09:11, 14 April 2013 (UTC)