|Born||Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
|Occupation||Film actor, music director, singer|
|Awards||Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor (2016)|
Vinayakan is an Indian film actor who predominantly appears in Malayalam cinema. Apart, he also works in Tamil and Bollywood films. In 2016, Vinayakan won the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Kammatipaadam. He also composed a song for the film.
Vinayakan began his career as a dancer and had a dance troupe named Black Mercury with Fire dance being his forte. Director Thampi Kannanthanam introduced him in Maanthrikam and later in Onnaman. He was noticed for his performances in Stop Violence and Mohanlal starrer Chotta Mumbai.
Vinayakan was unanimously appreciated for the performance as Ganga in Rajeev Ravi' s 2016 film Kammatipaadam, and nominated for national award. where he made his debut as music director as well. His performance in the film, brought him the Best Actor Award of Kerala State Film Awards, The North American Film Award for Outstanding performance in a film, Best Actor Award (2016) of Cinema Paradiso Club Cine Awards etc.
Composing and other
Vinayakan composed the song "Puzhu Pulikal" for the movie Kammatipaadam..He has also signed for composing songs for Raffi’s new film Role Models and one song for Ordinary fame Sugeeth’s upcoming movie. Earlier, Vinayakan used to perform in dance troupe before coming to cinema.
- 2016: Best Actor - Kerala State Film Award (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2017: Best Actor - CPC Cine Awards (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2017: North American Film Award (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2016: Best Actor - Movie Munshi Cine Awards 2016 (for Kammattipaadam)
- "List of Malayalam Movies acted by Vinayakan". Malayala Chalachithram. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Anand, Shilp Nair (6 June 2013). "On the superhero trail". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- നായർ, അനീഷ്. "വിനായകന്റെ അസൂയയും അഹങ്കാരവും". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Kerala State Awards 2016: full list of winners...". Zee News. 7 March 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "I never felt I was inferior and that empowered me: Vinayakan". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- VS, Goutham (21 May 2016). "Dulquer Salmaan shines in a raw and realistic cut into the brutally buried history of Dalits". The Indian Express. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Kammatti Paadam Movie Review". India Glitz. 21 May 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Vinayakan was not in the final four for Best Actor". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- NAFA 2017 for Outstanding performance
- "Vinayakan to do composing, choreography". 2017-03-10. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "മരണത്തോളം സത്യസന്ധം ഈ ചിത്രം; റിവ്യു". ManoramaOnline. Retrieved 2018-05-04.
- "Vinayakan is Ayyappan in 'Ee Ma Yau'". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
|This article about an Indian film actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|