Wargal Saraswati Temple
|Wargal Saraswati Temple|
Wargal Saraswati Temple
|Architectural styles||South Indian|
Sri Vidya Saraswati Temple or Wargal Saraswati Temple is a Hindu temple located in Medak district in Telangana, India. The deity of education in Hinduism is Goddess Saraswati. It is among the few temples of Saraswati in Telangana. It is maintained by Kanchi Shanker Mutt. This temple complex was a brain child of Yayavaram Chandrashekhara Sharma, scholar-ed follower of goddesses Saraswati.
This temple is located on a hillock near Wargal village. On the same hillock there are temples of various other deities like
- Sri Lakshmi Ganapathi Temple
- Sri Vidya Saraswati temple
- Lord Shanishchara Temple
- Lord Shiva Temple
- Few Vaishnava Temples now completely damaged without any mola vigrahas in it.
Many families visit the temple for their children's Akshara abyasam (learning ceremony). Meals are provided for free for all the devotees at the temple premises called as Nitya Annadanam.
Vasant Panchami and Sharad Navratri festivals are celebrated every year. Navratri's, Moola Nakshatram (Birth star of Goddess Saraswati) is the most auspicious day for worshiping Saraswati Devi. During this day special rituals are performed at the temple.
The temple has a Veda Paathashaala on its premises where many students learn Vedas. There are about 300 students who are provided accommodation on the temple premises.
Wargal is at a distance of around 47 km from Secunderabad. APSRTC buses are available every 10 minutes from Jubilee Bus Station. All buses towards Siddipet, Karimnagar, Mancherial, Vemulawada can be stopped at Wargal X roads at request. The temple is just 5 km from the cross roads. The buses also stop at Lalbazar & Alwal to pick up passengers. Private transport facility is available from Wargal X Road to Temple. The weather is pleasant in all seasons. There is an old & historic Lord SHIVA temple, Lakshmi Ganapathi temple, Shani temple & sri Venugopalaswamy temples nearby. The oldest Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple is located (NACHARAM) just 15 km away from WARGAL. The Lord VENKATESHWAR SWAMY TEMPLE (Rathnalayam) near SHAMIRPET can also be seen. The distance covered is nearly 130 km for all the 3 places from Secunderabad by own transportation.
Other Saraswathi Temples
- Basar Saraswati Temple, Basar, Adilabad district
- Shri Saraswathi Kshetramu (Telugu: శ్రీ సరస్వతి క్షేత్రము,Hindi: श्री सरस्वती क्षेत्रमु) is a famous Hindu Temple of Goddess Saraswathi located in the Ananthasagar, Siddipet Division, Medak district of Telangana. The temple is built from 1980 to 1990 built by Sri Astakala Narasimha Rama Sharma(Astavadhani).
- Indian Natural Wealth. "Temples". Retrieved 27 August 2012.