Welcome to the Brisbane task force of WikiProject Queensland!
(Viva Bris Vegas!)
Some Wikipedians have formed a project to create, fill out, build, edit, construct and modify articles about and related to Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland, Australia. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians. To bring issues concerning Brisbane related articles to the attention of other Wikipedians involved in the Brisbane Project, please use the talk page. You can also propose new tasks for the to-do list there.
The Australian Wikipedians' noticeboard is a useful forum for collaboration on Australian-related projects.
This task force aims primarily to cover articles about Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland, specifically the region within the City of Brisbane's municipal boundaries. It has many places of interest, significant events and interesting people that have helped form the unique character and style of the city.
WikiProject Brisbane originally came into being on 30 January 2005 and was initially heavily focussed on improving and standardising suburb and transport articles. Being narrowly focused, it achieved its scope admirably and formed a community which went on to have several meetups. As time went on, other editors working on other areas of Queensland started WikiProject Queensland on 13 October 2007.
Going into 2008, however, the Brisbane project became essentially dormant, and on 17 July 2011, following discussions in various places, it became a task force of WikiProject Queensland. It was felt that the project had served the community with distinction but had reached a natural end.
Please see Wikipedia:WikiProject_Brisbane/Participants
Council has released some data under a CC BY 3.0 license. http://data.brisbane.qld.gov.au/index.php/datasets/
- Articles for deletion
This template can be placed on userpages.
- Suburbs: Belmont, Bridgeman Downs, Brookfield, Bulimba, Chandler, Coopers Plains, Durack, Graceville, Hemmant, Jamboree Heights, Kenmore, Mount Gravatt, Rochedale, Riverhills, Salisbury, Sherwood, Tennyson, Upper Brookfield, Wacol, Zillmere
- Localities: North Quay, Mount Petrie, Toohey Mountain, Enoggera Hill, Buranda, Taylor Range (Queensland)
- Government: Brisbane City Council
- Other places: John Oxley Library, Queensland Maritime Museum, Centenary Pool, Spring Hill Baths, The Family Niteclub, Conrad Treasury Casino, Castlemaine Perkins brewery, Bulwer Island Refinery, Brisbane Magistrates Court, World Expo Park
- Shopping Malls: Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, Garden City Shopping Centre, McWhirters, Queen Street Mall, The Myer Centre, Brookside Shopping Centre
- Building and structures: Aurora Tower, Casino Towers, Orient Hotel, Brisbane, Executive Building, Brisbane, South Bank Ferry Wharves, Tennyson Tennis Centre, Breakfast Creek Hotel, Princess Alexandra Hospital Busway Station, Brisbane, Pinkenba Wharf, Plough Inn, Ship Inn, Trilogy Tower
- Bridges: Hale Street Link, William Jolly Bridge, Victoria Bridge, Story Bridge
- Parks: Newstead Park, Victoria Park, King Edward Park, Hardgrave Park, E.E.McCormick Place, Sir John Chandler Park, Toohey Forest Conservation Park, Downey Park, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Roma Street Parkland, Indooroopilly Island Conservation Park, New Farm Park, Sherwood Arboretum
- Dams and Waterways: Brisbane River, Breakfast Creek, Norman Creek, Cubberla Creek, Tingalpa Creek, Gold Creek Reservoir, Bramble Bay, Waterloo Bay, Kedron Brook, Bulimba Creek, Leslie Harrison Dam, Cabbage Tree Creek
- Streets and roadways: Brunswick Street, Stanley Street, Grey Street, Inner City Bypass, Logan Road, Ipswich Road, George Street, Coronation Drive, Port of Brisbane Motorway, Houghton Highway, Hale Street, Kingsford Smith Drive, Charlotte Street, Wickham Terrace, Sandgate Road, Lutwyche Road, Milton Road, Moggill Road
- Hospitals: Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Mater Health Services, Brisbane Private Hospital, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Prince Charles Hospital, Wesley Hospital, Greenslopes Private Hospital, Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- Performance venues: Suncorp Piazza, Brisbane Powerhouse, Roundhouse Theatre, QUT Gardens Theatre, Cement Box Theatre, Metro Arts Theatre, Schonell Theatre, Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University, Her Majesty's Theatre
- Events: Riverfestival, Brisbane Marathon, Ekka, 1974 Brisbane flood, Livid, Brisbane Pride Festival, Red Flag Riots (1919)
- People: James Cockle, Brian Walsh, William Jolly, Frank Sleeman, Roy Harvey, John Cameron, J. C. Slaughter, Stefan Ackerie, Henry P. Somerset, Thomas Pamphlett, Clem Jones, Jim Soorley, Tim Quinn, Sallyanne Atkinson, John Bingle, William Edwardson, Patrick Mayne, James O'Neill Mayne, Mary Emilia Mayne
- Clubs/Organisations/Groups: Queensland Art Gallery, Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, 4ZZZ
- Local companies: Brisbane Airport Corporation, Brisbane CityWorks, Orrcon, Millers Retail, Realestate.com.au, PIPE Networks, South Bank Corporation
- Education: Brisbane North Institute of TAFE, Southbank Institute of TAFE, Yeronga Institute, Australian College of Natural Medicine, Brisbane School of Arts, St Aidan's Anglican Girls School, Queensland Academy for Creative Industries, Hendra Secondary College, Mt Maria College
- Media/Publications: QTQ 9, BTQ 7, TVQ 10, ABC, SBS, Briz 31, Nova 106.9, B105, 4MMM, Brisbane Times, The Courier-Mail, The Sunday Mail, minni magazine