Alberta Highway 630
Highway 630 highlighted in red
|Maintained by Alberta Transportation|
|Length:||40 km (20 mi)|
|West end:||Anthony Henday Drive near Sherwood Park|
|Hwy 21 in Sherwood Park|
|South end:||Hwy 14 near Tofield|
|Strathcona County, Beaver County|
|Major cities:||Sherwood Park, North Cooking Lake|
Wye Road is a major arterial road and rural highway that links Sherwood Park from Anthony Henday Drive (Highway 216) on the east side of Edmonton to Highway 14 west of Tofield. It is preceded by Sherwood Park Freeway, and east of Highway 21 is designated as Alberta Provincial Highway No. 630, commonly referred to as Highway 630. Wye Road in Strathcona County, is a historic route from the early 1900s connecting Edmonton to Cooking Lake, parallel to a line of the Canadian National Railway, and it and Highway 630 used to be synonymous for their entire length. In the early 1990s, the portion of Highway 630 east of North Cooking Lake was realigned, resulting in the Highway 630 entering Beaver County and passing through Lindbrook and subsequently paved, while the original gravel route is still designated as Wye Road and links with Highway 14 near Hastings Lake. The portion of Wye Road within Sherwood Park is maintained by Strathcona County and not officially part of Highway 630.
Starting from the west end of Wye Road:
|Continues as Sherwood Park Freeway towards Edmonton|
|Strathcona County||Sherwood Park||−6||−3.7||Anthony Henday Drive (Hwy 216)||Interchange (Hwy 216 Exit 61)
Wye Road western terminus
|−5||−3.1||Sherwood Drive, Range Road 233||Traffic lights
|−3||−1.9||Brentwood Boulevard, Range Road 232||Traffic lights
|−2||−1.2||Clover Bar Road, Range Road 231||Traffic lights
|0||0.0||Hwy 21 – Fort Saskatchewan, Camrose||Traffic lights
Hwy 630 western terminus
|||7||4.3||Hwy 824 (Range Road 222) – Ardrossan, South Cooking Lake|
|11||6.8||Hwy 830 (Range Road 215) – Josephburg, Half Moon Lake|
|North Cooking Lake||21||13||Range Road 210|
|||26||16||Wye Road (Township Road 514A)||Wye Road leaves Hwy 630
|Beaver County||Lindbrook||37||23||Township Road 512|
|||40||25|| Hwy 14 – Tofield, Wainwright, Edmonton
Hwy 833 south – Camrose
|Hwy 630 eastern terminus; continues as Hwy 833
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google (November 11, 2016). "Highway 630 in Alberta" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- "Provincial Highways 500 - 986 Progress Chart" (PDF). Alberta Transportation. March 2015. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- "Mundys map of Edmonton and suburbs". University of Calgary. Mundy Map and Blueprint Company. 1913. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- Alberta Tourism (1990). Alberta Official Road Map (Map). Government of Alberta. § I-6.
- Alberta Tourism (1992). Alberta Official Road Map (Map). Government of Alberta. § I-6.
- Alberta Economic Development and Tourism (1996). Alberta Official Road Map (Map). Government of Alberta. § I-6.
- "County Map" (PDF). Strathcona County. March 5, 2013. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Overall - Road Responsibility" (PDF). Strathcona County. October 17, 2016. Retrieved April 24, 2017.