The 2001 Boston Red Sox season involved the Red Sox finishing 2nd in the American League East with a record of 82 wins and 79 losses.
- November 16, 2000: Chris Stynes was traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Boston Red Sox for Michael Coleman and Donnie Sadler.
- January 11, 2001: David Cone signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- January 19, 2001: Craig Grebeck was signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
Regular season 
Season standings 
- April 18, 2001: Bill Pulsipher was signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- June 5, 2001: Kevin Youkilis was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 8th round of the 2001 amateur draft. Player signed June 11, 2001.
- June 12, 2001: Justin Duchscherer was traded by the Boston Red Sox to the Texas Rangers for Doug Mirabelli.
- July 2, 2001: Joe Oliver was signed as a Free Agent with the Boston Red Sox.
- July 31, 2001: Ugueth Urbina was traded by the Montreal Expos to the Boston Red Sox for Tomokazu Ohka and Rich Rundles (minors).
- August 23, 2001: Bill Pulsipher was selected off waivers by the Chicago White Sox from the Boston Red Sox.
Famous Firsts involving the Red Sox 
- Monday, August 6, 2001 - Scott Hatteberg became the first player to hit into a triple play and hit a grand slam during the same game.
- Sunday, September 2, 2001 - This was the first day in Major League history where the final score in four games was 1-0: Yankees 1 vs. Red Sox 0, Padres 1 vs. Diamondbacks 0, Astros 1 vs. Brewers 0, and Blue Jays 1 vs. Tigers 0.
Opening Day Line Up 
Player stats 
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Other batters 
Starting pitchers 
Other pitchers 
Relief pitchers 
Farm system 
- ^ Chris Stynes Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- ^ David Cone Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- ^ http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/grebecr01.shtml
- ^ a b Bill Pulsipher Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- ^ Kevin Youkilis Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- ^ http://www.baseball-reference.com/d/duchsju01.shtml
- ^ http://www.baseball-reference.com/o/olivejo01.shtml
- ^ http://www.baseball-reference.com/u/urbinug01.shtml
- ^ a b Baseball Almanac, Steroid Era Famous Firsts Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- ^ Box Score, Texas Rangers vs Boston Red Sox, August 6, 2001
- ^ Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 2007