Musical concert Mandapam at Bobbili
|• MLA||Sujay Krishna Rangarao, Ravu Venkata|
|Elevation||103 m (338 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 08944|
|Sex ratio||1:1 ♂/♀|
Bobbili is located at  It has an average elevation of 103 metres (337 feet)..
The town and kingdom of Bobbili was founded during the 17th century by Pedda Rayudu, the 15th descendant of the Rajah of Venkatagiri. The town was originally named "Pedda-puli" ("The Big Tiger") after Sher Muhammad Khan, the Nawab of Srikakulam who granted it as a gift to the maharajah of Venkatgiri for his services in his southern campaigns. However, with time, the town became known as "Pebbuli", then "Bebbuli" and finally "Bobbili".
Battle of Bobbili
The battle of Bobbili in 1757, is one of the significant episodes in the history of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Vizianagaram kings won the war with the help of French General Marquis de Bussy. This battle gave the glamour of eternal bravery to Bobbili name.
During British India it had a population of 17,387 in 1901.
As of 2001[update] India census, Bobbili had a population of 50,140. Males constitute 50% of the population (25,044) and females 50% (25,096). Bobbili has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 71% and female literacy of 56%. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Bobbili mandal had a population of 1,16,205 in 2001. Males constitute 57,912 and females 58,293 of the population. The average literacy rate of the mandal population is 59%. Male literacy rate is 71% and that of females 47%.
Bobbili is known for its quality education. An age old college in the form of Rajah R.S.R.K. Ranga Rao College (1962) and even older school in the form of Samsthanam High School (1864)
- Abhyudaya High School (1981)
- Vijetha Residential High School.
- Rajah R.S.R.K. Ranga Rao College, Bobbili (1962).
- R.C.M. ST Thomas High school.
- Samsthanam High School or Anglo-Vernacular School, Bobbili (1864).
- Vasu Junior College
- Shiridi Sai Degree College
- Sri Satya Sai junior and degree college.
- Seventh-Day Adventist English Medium High School, Bobbili (1980).
- Thandra paparaya Polytechnic,Komatipalli,Bobbili(1998)
- Thandra Paparaya Institute of Science and Technology, Komatipalli (2001).
- Gokul Institute of Science and Technology, Piridi (2002).
- APRS School.
- IRIS Public School.
- SRI VENKATESWARA EDUCATIONAL ACADEMY
- Potti Sri Ramulu Municipal High School.
- Sri Chaitanya Vidya Nikethan,sainagar
- C.B.M.Girls High School
- Vidwan junior and Degree College
- Samsthanam High school
- bhashyam public school
- narayana junior college
- ravindra bharati school
- Gayatri high school&convent(1995)
- Gayatri junior college(2005)
- Sri Lakshmi Medical Lab Technology Institute
- Sri Venkateswara High School
- indhragandhi degree college
SRI BARATHI Public School.
List of Members of Parliament:
- 1971 - Karri Narayana Rao
- 1977 and 1980 - Pusapati Vijaya Rama Gajapati Raju[Maharaja of Vizianagram]
- 1984 and 1991 - Dr. Pusapati Ananda Gajapati Raju [Raja of Vizianagram]
- 1989 - Kemburi Ramamohan Rao
- 1996 - Kondapalli Pydithalli Naidu
- 1998 - Kondapalli Pydithalli Naidu
- 1999 - Botcha Satyanarayana
- 2004 - Kondapalli Pydithalli Naidu
- 2006 - Botcha Jhansi Lakshmi
Since 2009 Bobbili Parliamentary Constituency no longer exists and is replaced with Vizianagaram Parliamentary Constituency.
Bobbili is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,20,173 registered voters in this constituency in 1999 elections.
List of Members of Legislative Assembly:
- 1951 - Kolli Venkata Kurmi Naidu
- 1955 - Kotagiri Sitha Ramaswamy.
- 1962 - Tentu Lakshmi Naidu.
- 1967 - Ramakrishna Ranga Rao.
- 1972 - Ch. Venkata Krishna Rao.
- 1978 - Kolli Venkata Kurmi Naidu
- 1983 - Sambangi Venkata Chinna Appala Naidu
- 1985 - Sambangi Venkata Chinna Appala Naidu
- 1989 - Peddinti Jagan Mohan Rao
- 1994 - Sambangi Venkata Chinna Appala Naidu
- 1999 - Peddinti Jagan Mohan Rao
- 2004 - Ravu Venkata Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao (Raja of Bobbili)
- 2009 - Ravu Venkata Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao (Raja of Bobbili)
Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation has set up Industrial Development area at Bobbili in 2008.
Nearly 200 units will be set up in an area of over 1,000 acres of land. The state government has spent about Rs. 20 crore is on infrastructure like roads, water supply, power transmission including a 33 KV sub-station.
The major projects in the pipeline include B.K. Steels, Vizag Profiles and Ferro Alloys. The Growth Centre has a potential to employ 10,000 people directly and a few thousands indirectly through the ancillary industries.
- Bobbili Railway junction is in Visakhapatnam division of East Coast Railway, Indian Railways. It is Located at Mallampeta which is named after the goddess Mallamma. Mallamma lake is located near to Railway Station. It is located in the Vizianagaram-Raipur railway line. There is a Broad-gauze branch railway line between Bobbili and Salur.
- Axis Bank also opened one branch in Bobbili.
- State Bank of Hyderabad also opened branch near more
- Central Bank Branch located in near Thandra PapaRaya Statue.
- Union bank at old bus stand.
- I.O.B.,bank located balijipeta road, opp: b.s.n.l.office.
- Three state bank,one Union bank of India,one axis bank and one andhra bank A.T.M.s are there.
Villages and Panchayats
- 1.Alajangi (village and panchayat)
- 2.Bankuruvalasa (revenue village)
- 3.Bhojarajapuram (revenue village)
- 4.Bhurjavalasa (revenue village)
- 5.Bobbili (Municipality and Mandal headquarters)
- 6.Bubhandavalasa (revenue village)
- 7.Ch. Boddavalasa (village and panchayat)
- 8.Chintada (village and panchayat)
- 9.Chinthalavanipeta @ Janardhana Rangarayapuram (revenue village)
- 10.Dibbagudivalasa(Ranga raya puram) (panchayat)
- 11.Donguruvalasa (revenue village)
- 12.Gollapalli (revenue village)
- 13.Gongadavalasa (panchayat)
- 14.Gopalarayudupeta (village and panchayat)
- 15.Gorla Sitaramapuram (village and panchayat)
- 16.Gunna thota valasa (revenue village)
- 17.J.Rangarayapuram @ K.V.Palem (village and panchayat)
- 18.Jagannadhapuram (village and panchayat)
- 19.Kalavarai (village and panchayat)
- 20.Kammavalasa (village and panchayat)
- 21.Karada (village and panchayat)
- 22.Kasidoravalasa (village and panchayat)
- 23.Kinthalavalasa (panchayat)
- 24.Komatipalli (village and panchayat)
- 25.Kondadevupalli (village and panchayat)
- 26.Kotha Penta (panchayat)
- 27.Krishnapuram (village and panchayat)
- 28.Lingammavalasa (revenue village)
- 29.M.Boorjavalasa (panchayat)
- 30.Mallampeta (revenue village)
- 31.Mettavalasa (village and panchayat)
- 32.Muttavalasa (revenue village)
- 33.Narayanappavalasa (village and panchayat)
- 34.Nimmalapadu (revenue village)
- 35.Pakki (village and panchayat)
- 36.Pankuvalasa (revenue village)
- 37.Paradhi (village and panchayat)
- 38.Patha Bobbili (revenue village)
- 39.Penta (village and panchayat)
- 40.Piridi (village and panchayat)
- 41.Rajupeta (revenue village)
- 42.Ramuduvalasa (village and panchayat)
- 43.Rangarayapuram (village and panchayat)
- 44.Seethayyapeta (village and panchayat)
- 45.Sivadavalasa (village and panchayat)
- 46.Vakadavalasa (revenue village)
- 47.Velagalavalasa (village and panchayat)
- 48.Venkatarayudupeta (revenue village)
- 49.Viziarampuram (revenue village)
- 50.Yembannavalasa (revenue village)
- 51.TR Colony
- "Mandals in Vizianagaram district". Retrieved 2007-02-26.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bobbili
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Thandra Paparaya Institute of Science and Technology
- Bobbili Lok Sabha Constituency
- Election Commission of India 1978-2004 results
- Election Commission of India.Madras Assembly results.1951
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1955
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1962
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1967
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1972
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier
Gollapalli is municipality
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobbili.|
- Bobbili Zamindari
- 11th edition of Encyclopædia Britannica-Bobbili
- Photos of Bobbili fort, kings and other features.