|• MLA||Meka Venakta Pratap Appa Rao|
|Elevation||88 m (289 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 16|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Eluru|
Nuzvid is a municipality in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It serves as the administrative headquarters for Nuzvid mandal and Nuzvid revenue division,and THIRD LARGEST CITY IN KRISHNADISTRICT.
Nuzvid is a historical fortified town. It was founded by Meka Basavanna, the chieftain of Rani Rudrama Devi/Pratapa Rudra Deva of Warangal Kakatiya dynasty in 1321 AD. After the second attack of Delhi ruler, Mohammad bin Tughlak to Kakatiya ruler of Pratapa Rudra, he was defeated and caught by Tughlak. At that moment the chieftains were separated and migrated to different places. Some went to Bobbili. Some established themselves at Nuzvid.
At that period they cultivated the nuvvulu (Seasom) Chelu means Crops. The place was first named as nuchela veedu, gradually changing to nujelaveedu and after British rule to Nuzvid.
The first English-Telugu dictionary was prepared by Sankaranarayana with the financial help of Nuzvid Rajahs.
The first mutiny against French rule was by Nuzvidians. Senior Citizens of Nuzvidu used to say that this place used to have "Burujus" with heavily artillery for security. One such place was "Bodigattu". People used to hear the sounds of heavy artillery from the place now called "Damadamaala Thotha".
Nuzvid is located at  It has an average elevation of 88 metres (288 feet)..
As of 2015[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 1,96,590. The total population constitute, 80,158 males and 78,568 females —a sex ratio of 1012 females per 1000 males, higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 5,213 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,606 are boys and 2,607 are girls—a ratio of 1000 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 82.37% with 43,966 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Nuzvid is an educational centre for the surrounding areas. Sri Raja Rangarayappa Zilla Parishad High School (SRRZPH School), established 1893, is one of the oldest schools in Andhra Pradesh and Sri M. Soma Sankara Rao is First Best Teacher Awardee of this school.
- International Institute of Information Technology, Nuzvid
- Dharma Appa Rao College (DAR College)
- Krishna University Dr. M.R. APPA Rao Post Graduate Center, Nuzvid Campus
- Thatavarti IT & Business School
- Sri Sarathi Institute Of Engineering And Technology (SSIET), Affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
- Government I.T.I
- sri sarada jr ad degree college
Railway timing from Nuzvidu
- ratanchal s/fexpress vijyawada to viskhapatnam :7.00a.m
- tirumal express viskha to tripathi :21.00pm
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Mandal wise villages" (PDF). Revenue Department - AP Land. National Informatics Center. p. 12. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 486. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Nuzvid
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.