|Elevation||88 m (289 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 16|
Nuzvid is a historical fortified town. It was founded by Meka Basavanna, the chieftain of Rani Rudrama Devi/Pratapa Rudra Deva of Warangal Kakatiya dynasty in 1321 AD. After the second attack of Delhi ruler, Mohammad bin Tughlak to Kakatiya ruler of Pratapa Rudra, he was defeated and caught by Tughlak. At that moment the chieftains were separated and migrated to different places. Some went to Bobbili. Some established themselves at Nuzvid.
At that period they cultivated the nuvvulu (Seasom) Chelu means Crops. The place was first named as nuchela veedu, gradually changing to nujelaveedu and after British rule to Nuzvid.
The first English-Telugu dictionary was prepared by Sankaranarayana with the financial help of Nuzvid Rajahs.
The first mutiny against French rule was by Nuzvidians. Senior Citizens of Nuzvidu used to say that this place used to have "Burujus" with heavily artillery for security. One such place was "Bodigattu". People used to hear the sounds of heavy artillery from the place now called "Damadamaala Thotha".
The famous Nuzvidians 'Dharma Appa Rao' was well known for his magnanimity and charitable nature. Several academic organizations are established on his name. Late Sri M. R. Appa Rao was popular political personality in AP state as he held several important positions such as Prohibition Minister in First AP Cabinet, twice he become Vice Chancellor of Andhra University, MP of Rajya Sabha etc. His outstanding academic contribution towards establishing SRR ZP High School, DAR College and PG Centre is worth remembering by all Nuzvidians. He was part of the history of Philanthropic Nuzvid.
Nuzvid is located at  It has an average elevation of 88 metres (288 feet)..
As of 2001 India census Nuzvid had a population of 50,354. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Nuzvid has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 63%. In Nuzvid, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Nuzvid is an educational centre for the surrounding areas. Sri Raja Rangarayappa Zilla Parishad High School (SRRZPH School), established 1893, is one of the oldest schools in Andhra Pradesh. Other educational institutions are:
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies(RGUKT),AP-IIIT,Nuzvid
- Dharma Appa Rao College (DAR College)
- Dr. M.R. APPA Rao Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nuzvid Campus
- Sri Sidhardha Arts & Science collage
- Thatavarti IT & Business School
- Sri Sarathi Institute Of Engineering And Technology (SSIET), Affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
- Government I.T.I
- Nuzvid Polytechnic College
- Viswa Gitangali Junior College
- School of Nursing, Giffard Memorial Hospital of SDA
- Sri Siddhartha Pharmacy College
- vikas junior & degree college
- Sri Narayana Upper Primary School
- St Ann's English Medium School
- sri santhi nikanthan high School
- St Jones English Medium High School
- St Mary's High School
- St Thomas High School
- SDA High School
- Sri Siddhartha Talent School
- Sri Sarathi Public School
- Kumar Public School
- Nirmala Convent
- Bethesda Integrated International School
- Oxford Convent
- Raveendra Bharathi Public School
- Nellore Raveendra Bharathi School
- Sun & Moon E. M. School
- Gautami high School
- A.P. Residential Government School
- Clay Tile Manufacturing Plants
- Sri Srinivasa Tiles
- Sree Balaji Clay Products
- Quality Tiles
- Radhkrishna Tiles
- Bavasri Tiles
- PRR IMPEX (Imports & Exports)
Villages in mandal
- Boravancha (also spelled "Borwancha" or "Borancha") is said to have been founded by Hazrat Syed Shah Ali Qaudri. He reportedly travelled from Iraq to Hind some 300 years ago, at the time of the Mughal emperors to spread the message of Islam. The area around the village was forested at the time.
- Chinna Ravicherla
- Mokhasa Narasannapalem
- Pedha Ravicherla
- Korla Gunta
- Ogerala thanda
- Azriah pet
Unity in diversity
People here are very friendly and are true examples of the famous saying "Unity in Diversity". People observe the local festivals Thirunallu(తిరునాళ్ళు), Peerla Panduga(పీర్ల పండుగలు). New Year's Eve, Eid-ul-Fitar (రంజాన్), Sankranthi(సంక్రాంతి), వైకుంఠ ఏకాదశి, Ugadi(ఉగాది), Ganesh Chathurthi(వినాయక చవితి), Dussehra(దసరా), Diwali(దీపావళి), Christmas(క్రిస్మస్) are the festivals being observed across the communities.