Burbo Bank Offshore Wind Farm
|Burbo Bank Offshore Wind Farm|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|Location||Burbo Flats in Liverpool Bay at the entrance to the River Mersey, Merseyside|
|Turbines||25 X 3.6 MW|
|Manufacturer(s)||Siemens Wind Power|
|Installed capacity||90 MW|
The Burbo Bank Offshore Wind Farm is a wind farm located on the Burbo Flats in Liverpool Bay at the entrance to the River Mersey. It is owned and operated by DONG Energy, with investment from Sirhowy Group. The wind farm consists of 25 Siemens Wind Power 3.6MW wind turbines with a total nameplate capacity of 90 megawatts (MW). The wind farm will also help to mitigate climate change as over the 20-year operating life it will save approximately 6.4 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions.
During summer 2010 Siemens decided to change the blade bearings on all 25 turbines as a pre-emptive measure after cracks were found in blade bearings found on other sites. The MPI Resolution will perform the change.
- List of offshore wind farms
- List of offshore wind farms in the United Kingdom
- List of offshore wind farms in the Irish Sea
- "Burbo Bank (Wind, Operating)". Interactive Map of Renewable and Alternative Energy Projects in the UK. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Inauguration of DONG Energy’s Burbo Bank offshore wind farm. Press release". DONG Energy. 2007-10-18. Archived from the original on 2008-04-07. Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- Dunford et al. UK Renewable Energy Data, Issue 10 p95 Renewable Energy Foundation, 29 July 2010. Accessed: 30 September 2011.
- Godske, Bjørn. Corrosion in bearings (Danish) Ing.dk, 24 August 2010. Retrieved: 25 August 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Burbo Bank Offshore Wind Farm.|
|This article about a wind farm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Merseyside building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an British power station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|