College of Engineering Attingal
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|College Of Engineering, Attingal|
|കോളേജ് ഓഫ് എഞ്ചിനീയറിംഗ്, ആറ്റിങ്ങല്|
|Location||Trivandrum, Kerala, India|
College of Engineering, Attingal, commonly known as (CEAL), is situated in Attingal. This college was established by the Institute of Human Resources Development in 2004, undertaken by Government of Kerala. The college is affiliated to Cochin University of Science and Technology and is approved by All India Council for Technical Education.
- 1 Courses
- 2 Admission
- 3 Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- 4 ELECTRINO
- 5 Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- 6 Department Of Electrical & Electronics
- 7 Agro IT Fest 2012( Daksha)
- 8 Cealiga
- 9 Career Guidance and Placement Unit
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Admissions are carried out on the basis of the ranks obtained in the All Kerala Common Entrance Examinations, conducted by the Controller of Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala.The college follows a 50-50 method of admission from both merit and management streams.Both streams are filled by centralised allotment process(CAP) held by the commissioner for entrance examinations, Government of kerala.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics Engineering offers courses that lead to a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala. The course is four years.
- Communication Engineering
- Control Systems
- Industrial and Power Electronics
- Digital System Design
- Electronic Product Design
- VLSI Design
- Industrial Organization and Management.
Lab,seminars and projects (main project and mini project).
To promote technical activities and nurture the electronic interests of students, 'ELECTRINO', an electronic club is active as the prime technical platform of the students. It is a venture of students under Electronics & Communication branch but is served as one large platform in the institute for everyone interested in Electronics. Various technical activities are conducted by the club but it mainly concentrates in conducting workshops. Final year EC students are in charge of coordinating the events and giving supervisory level guidance for summer projects and technical session for juniors. Competitions and symposium on modern technologies and development in electronics are monthly routine activities of the club.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Engineering offers courses that lead to a B.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala. The course is four years.
- Computer Architecture and Organisation
- Automata Languages and Computation
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Database Management Systems
- Language Processor
- Computer Networks
- Advanced Architecture and Parallel Processing
- Software Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms.
- Industrial Organization and Management.
TECHTROW a technical organisation established on 19 January 2010. Mr. Biju Philip,Vice president, Envestnet inaugurated Techtrow and the principal Prof.Sunil TT presided over the function.. The official blog and the logo for the association was also released on that day.
Techtrow envisages in polishing the technical and industrial awareness of the students by conducting various events like technical training, tech fests, chats with professionals etc.
Department Of Electrical & Electronics
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started as a new branch in the year 2011. This dept offers courses that lead to a B.Tech degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education. The course is four years. To bridge the gap between text-book knowledge and its practical application, the students undertake seminars, mini-project and main project that put them through an industry-like situation.
ZEUS is the Electrical and Electronics Engineering students' association of CEAL. It was launched on 21 January 2012.The association aims at improving the technical and industrial knowledge of the students and strives to keep them abreast with developments in electrical engineering field.They have conducted seminars,paper presentations, online competitions and industrial visits.
Agro IT Fest 2012( Daksha)
The Agro IT project was inaugurated in August 2011 in the presence of Hon Minister of State for Agriculture and Hon Education Minister. The student community undertook organic farming in 5 acres of land on the campus devoting time and effort to nurture the plantains and obviously their efforts are bearing fruits.
The technical and cultural events which were a part of the Agro IT fest under the name Daksha '12 started on February 3 and ended by the 5th of February 2012. All these 3 days were filled with technical and cultural events. Awards along with cash prizes were presented for the winners and runners up of each event.
Cealiga '11 was the first annual inter college football (Fives) tournament conducted at College of Engineering, Attingal football ground on the 16th, 17th and 18 December 2011. A total of 8 engineering colleges from the district were invited for the tournament. Marian Engineering College emerged first and Sree Chitra Thirunal College of Engineering(SCT) were the runners up of the tournament.. It was conducted by KSU unit of the college.
Career Guidance and Placement Unit
Periodic career counseling sections are coordinated for the students by Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) functioning in the campus. CGPU prepares the students to face competitive examinations and interviews through intensive training programs through encompassing aptitude test, group discussions, mock interviews and basics of behavioral psychology and body language.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Institute of Human Resources Development
- List of Engineering Colleges in Kerala
- "College of Engineering Attingal". Ceattingal.ac.in. 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "College of Engineering Attingal Thiruvananthapuram - College of Engineering Attingal Trivandrum Kerala". Highereducationinindia.com. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "CEAL Details". Retrieved October 20, 2013.
- "Web Page - CUSAT | ERP5". CUSAT. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "Government of India, All India Council for Technical Education". Aicte-india.org. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "Zeus | Where Ideas Flow Without Resistance". Zeusceal.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "About | ZEUS". Zeusceal.wordpress.com. 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "Zeus Launched | Zeus". Zeusceal.wordpress.com. 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "Zeus Lets Crack It!!! [Lci!!!] Launched | Zeus". Zeusceal.wordpress.com. 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2013-04-05.