|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Diana Hayden at the Housefull 2 screening.
May 1, 1973 |
|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title(s)||Femina Miss India World 1997
Miss World 1997
|Femina Miss India World 1997
Miss World 1997
(Miss World Asia & Oceania)
|Spouse||Collin Dick (m. 2013)|
Diana Hayden (born 1 May 1973) is a beauty pageant title holder from India. She won the Femina Miss India contest in 1997 and was crowned Miss World 1997 at the age of 24 by her predecessor Miss World 1996 Irene Skliva. Having successfully completed her reign as Miss World for a year, she handed over her crown to her successor, Linor Abargil on 26 November 1998 at Baie Lazare, Seychelles.
Early life and background
Diana Hayden was born in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, in an Anglo-Indian family. She attended St. Ann's High School, Secunderabad She studied Acting & Drama at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, London, UK. She starred in the Bollywood movie 'Ab Bass' & Indian TV show Bigg Boss 2.
Before she began modeling, she worked for an event management company called Encore. She then worked as a Public Relations Officer at BMG Crescendo, where she assisted in managing the careers of singers Anaida and Mehnaz Hoosein. On Anaida's recommendation she entered herself into the Miss India contest in 1997.
Diana Hayden won the Femina Miss India World crown in 1997, and then went on to win the Miss World crown in the same year. By doing so, she became the third Indian woman to win the Miss World pageant, after Reita Faria in 1966 and Aishwarya Rai in 1994.
Following her tenure as the global representative for the Miss World organization, Hayden moved to the UK and studied acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. She also studied at the Drama Studio London, where she concentrated on the works of Shakespeare and earned a Best Actress nomination from the studio. In 2001, she made her screen debut in the film version of Shakespeare's Othello in South Africa. In 2002, she hosted Miss Europe 2002 in Lebanon along with Miss Lebanon 1997 and Julien Lepers. Diana was signed by the Avalon Academy in 2006 as the face of the Academy and currently serves as a celebrity Guest Lecturer for airline personnel training programs.
She wrote a book called A Beautiful Guide which is an "encyclopedia on grooming and also deals with personality development and confidence building". She took two years for completing the book which was released on August 6, 2012.
- Othello: A South African Tale (2006)
- Ab Bas (2004)
- Tehzeeb (2003)
- Holby City (TV Series) (2003)
- Lorie/the loving doll (2012)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diana Hayden.|
- "With Yeats on her lips, India's own Diana Hayden crowned Miss World". Rediff.com. 23 November 1997. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Biography of Diana Hayden". WhereInCity India Information. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Biography of Diana Hayden". DianaHayden.com. Retrieved 25 December 2010.
- "Beauty guide". The Hindu. 5 Aug 2012. Retrieved 6 Aug 2012.
- "Diana Hayden launches her book at Vadodara!". Times of India. 6 Aug 2012. Retrieved 6 Aug 2012.
- "Vegas Wedding for Diana Hayden". The Hindu. 16 Jun 2013. Retrieved 16 Jun 2013.
- Diana-Hayden/articleshow/15373738.cms "Vegas Wedding for Diana Hayden". Times of India. 16 Jun 2013. Retrieved 16 Jun 2013.