Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational-Technical High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School|
|1121 Ashley Blvd.
New Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
|Number of students||2,132|
|Color(s)||Green & Gold|
|Average SAT scores||437 verbal
416 writing (2010)
|Academic Principal||Roseanne Franco|
|Career and Technical Education Principal||Robert Watt|
|Assistant Principals||James O'Brien (Grade 9)
Roseanne Franco (Grades 10-12)
|Shop Coordinators||Thaddeus "Ted" Haggerty (Construction and Drafting Cluster)
Robert Watt (Education, Health Services, and Hospitality Cluster)
Michael Frey (Transportation and Manufacturing Cluster)
Steve Walker (Science, Engineering, and Technology Cluster)
Guy Shephard (Arts, Communication and Consumer Services Cluster)
|Department Heads||Susan Sylvia (English)
Maureen Best (Math)
Erin Wallace (Science)
Brian Patenaude (Social Studies)
Leonard Sylvia (Health/Athletic Director)
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational-Technical High School (commonly referred to as GNB Voc-Tech or simply Voc-Tech) is a vocational high school located in New Bedford, Massachusetts for students in grades 9-12. The school draws its student body from the towns and cities of New Bedford, Dartmouth, and Fairhaven. It is considered its own school district, thus having an on-site superintendent as well as an academics principal and a vocational-technical principal. Students alternate between nine day long career technical and academic cycles.
Students at GNB Voc-Tech experience an education which blends academic instruction with career and technical education. They can choose from more than two dozen career majors. In a typical class, 60-70% of its graduates choose to continue their education, either at colleges or advanced technical schools. Another 30-35% enter the workforce and approximately 2% enter the armed services.
- 1 Vocational-Technical Programs
- 2 Athletics
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School offers more than 30 Career and Technical Programs that students can choose from.
Construction and Drafting Cluster
- Drafting Technology (DT)
- Architectural Drafting (AD)*
- Electromechanical Drafting (ED)*
- Carpentry (CR)
- Electrical Technology (EC)
- Painting & Design (PD)*
- Plumbing (PL)
Education, Health Services, and Hospitality Cluster
- Culinary Arts (CU)
- Dental Assisting (DA)
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching (ED)
- Medical Assisting and Health Assisting (MA)
- Nurse Assisting and Health Assisting (HS)
Transportation and Manufacturing Cluster
- Automotive Technology (AM)
- Collision Repair (CL)
- Diesel Technology (DS)
- Metal Fabrication and Joining (MJ)
- Machine Technology (MT)
- Steam Engineering (SE)
Science, Technology, and Engineering Cluster
- Engineering Technology (EN)
- Environmental Science and Technology (ES)
- HVAC-R Appliance Technology (HT)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Information Support Services and Networking (IS)*
- Programming and Web Development (PW)*
- Legal and Protective Services (LP)
Arts, Communication, and Consumer Services Cluster
- Business and Office Technology (OT)
- Cosmetology (CS)
- Fashion Design (FD)
- Media Technology (ME)
- Visual Design (VI)
* represents Vocational-Technical programs only offered to Juniors and Seniors.
- Football - Massachusetts Vocational Large State Champions (2010, 2011)
- Boys Soccer - MIAA Division I South Sectional Champions (2011)
- Massachusetts Vocational Large State Champions (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Girls Volleyball - Massachusetts Vocactional Large State Champions (2010, 2011)
- Boys Volleyball - MIAA Division II Eastern Mass. State Champions (2004, 2006)
- Boys Volleyball - MIAA Division I Eastern Mass. State Champions (2009)
- Girls Basketball - MIAA Division IV South Sectional Champions (2012), D-IV State Finalists (2013, 2013))
- Massachusetts Vocational Large State Champions (2010, 2011, 2012)
- "2008-2009 Teacher Data — GNB Voc-Tech". Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "2008-2009 Enrollment Data — GNB Voc-Tech". Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- Comey, Jonathan (14 November 2011). "GNB Voc-Tech wins south sectional boys soccer title". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Girls Volleyball: GNB Voc-Tech wins second-straight state vocational crown". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). 3 November 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- Collins, Ed (10 March 2012). "Bears are Boston bound". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "H.S. Roundup: Vanesa Conceicao leads Bears to vocational title". The Standard-Times (New Bedford). 19 February 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2012.