Wilmington High School (Massachusetts)
|Grades||High school (9-12)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.4|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Columbia Blue and White|
|Rival||Tewksbury Memorial High School (Tewksbury, MA)|
|Average SAT scores||510 verbal
513 writing (2010)
- Jason Bere, former MLB pitcher and American League All-Star in 1994.
- Ryland Blackinton, guitarist of Cobra Starship
- Mike Esposito, formerly with the Atlanta Falcons, WHS 1971
New High School Project
Wilmington has been approved by the state of Massachusetts to build a new High school. A resident group of ten has held up the progress of construction. On January 9, 2013 it was announced the schools gymnasium would be torn down. Many see this to be a big step forward in the construction of a much needed 21st century education for the students of Wilmington.
The school has a two day rotating schedule with four a day including a lunch block. Lunch is 1 1/2 class periods and a half hour lunch. Students have four classes every other day. Blue Day: pd(s) 1-2-3-4 White Day: pd(s) 1-2-3-4
Recent Class Officers
Craig Smith was president of the class of 2014. The last class to graduate from the old high school.
In 2012, the Wilmington High School boys hockey team won the school's first Div. 2 state championship.
On February 2, 2013, the boys' varsity indoor track team lost to neighboring Burlington's track team in its final meet, which ended an otherwise undefeated season. The team finished second in its league. They went on to lose to Burlington's track team again in Spring, finishing second in the league, however they were given a sportsmanship award for all of D3 track teams. The boys soccer team won the Middlesex league small division in 2013 and looks to repeat in 2014.
- "Wilmington High - Enrollment/Indicators". Massachusetts Dept of Elementary & Secondary Education. Retrieved 2008-09-05.
Students: 1,001 (2007-2008)
- "SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- James Albert (January 4, 2003). "Bere has many fond memories of his old high school coach". The Lowell Sun.
- "Wilmington High boys hockey wins Div. 2 state title". Wicked Local Wilmington.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
- Wilmington High School Official site
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|