Wilmington High School (Massachusetts)
|Grades||High school (9-12)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.4|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Columbia Blue and White|
|Rival||Tewksbury Memorial High School (Tewksbury, MA)|
|Average SAT scores||517 verbal
1561 total (2014)
- Jason Bere, former MLB pitcher
- Ryland Blackinton, guitarist of Cobra Starship
- Mike Esposito, former NFL player
New High School Project
Wilmington has been approved by the state of Massachusetts to build a new High school. A resident group of ten has held up the progress of construction. On January 9, 2013 it was announced the schools gymnasium would be torn down. Many see this to be a big step forward in the construction of a much needed 21st century education for the students of Wilmington. Nearly two years after the demolition of the gymnasium, the new high school has been completed and is ready for students to move in. An event celebrating the school's completion was held on Sunday, February 22nd, 2015, and students will move into the new school on February 24th, 2015. Demolition of the old high school will begin in March of 2015, and the rest of the athletic facilities should be completed by the end of 2015. 
The school has a two-day rotating schedule with four classes a day including a lunch block. Each class is an hour and a half long, with three different half hour lunch periods throughout the day. Blue Day: pd(s) 1-2-3-4 White Day: pd(s) 1-2-3-4
Recent Class Officers
The class officers for the class of 2015 are as follows: Siobhan Collins as President, Jordan Di Benedetto as Vice-president, Sharmetha Ramanan as Treasurer, and Bethany Kane as Secretary. Notably this was the first class to graduate from the new high school.
In 2012, the Wilmington High School Boy's Hockey Team won the school's first Division 2 state championship.
In 2013, the Wilmington High School Boy's Hockey Team won the Division 2 state championship again, beating Franklin High School in the championship game for the second year in a row. 
On February 2, 2013, the boys' varsity indoor track team lost to neighboring Burlington's track team in its final meet, which ended an otherwise undefeated season. The team finished second in its league. They went on to lose to Burlington's track team again in Spring, finishing second in the league, however they were given a sportsmanship award for all of D3 track teams. The boys soccer team won the Middlesex league small division in 2013 and looks to repeat in 2014.
- "Wilmington High - Enrollment/Indicators". Massachusetts Dept of Elementary & Secondary Education. Retrieved 2008-09-05.
Students: 1,001 (2007-2008)
- "SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- James Albert (January 4, 2003). "Bere has many fond memories of his old high school coach". The Lowell Sun.
- Pevear, David (January 6, 2013). "They've got ties to 'School Ties'". Lowell Sun. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Wilmington High boys hockey wins Div. 2 state title". Wicked Local Wilmington.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
- Wilmington High School Official site
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|