Kaufbeuren (German pronunciation: [kaʊfˈbɔʏʁən]) is an independent city in the Regierungsbezirk of Schwaben, southern Bavaria. The city is completely enclaved within the district of Ostallgäu.
- Kaufbeuren (Altstadt - Old Town)
Culture and Objects of Interest
- Townhall (built 1879–1881)
- Crescentiakloster (founded 1150)
- Historic Old Town with partially conserved, historic city wall
- Fünfknopfturm (Five-Button-Tower)
- Stadttheater Kaufbeuren
- kunsthaus kaufbeuren
- Isergebirgs-Museum (Neugablonz)
- Ludwig Ganghofer (7 July 1855, Kaufbeuren – 24 July 1920, Tegernsee), writer
- Hans Magnus Enzensberger (11 November 1929, Kaufbeuren – ), poet, writer
- Sophie von La Roche (6 December 1730, Kaufbeuren – 18 February 1807, Offenbach am Main), writer
- Dieter Hegen, former ice-hockey player
- Walter Riester (27 September 1943, Kaufbeuren – ), former Secretary of State for Employment
- Maria Crescentia Höss (20 October 1682, Kaufbeuren – 5 April 1744, Kaufbeuren), beatified 1900, sainted 2001
- Alexander Sulzer, Ice hockey player
- Dietrich, Robert (1986-2011) - hockey player on the German national hockey team, was killed, along with a team of 7, in September 2011 in a plane crash near Yaroslavl.
- Wilhelm "Willy" Josef Schaeffler, (1915 -1988), famous Olympic and Denver University ski coach, ski area designer for Walt Disney
The Tänzelfest is a festival, which takes place usually at the end of June. Children re-enact the history of the town in traditional costume. There are a lot of events at this time.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaufbeuren.