Kerava town centre
Location of Kerava in Finland
|• Town manager||Petri Härkönen|
|• Total||30.79 km2 (11.89 sq mi)|
|• Land||30.62 km2 (11.82 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.17 km2 (0.07 sq mi)|
|Area rank||334th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||31st largest in Finland|
|• Density||1,142.19/km2 (2,958.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||94.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||17.7%|
|• 15 to 64||70.3%|
|• 65 or older||12%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.75%|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Uusimaa region. The town has a population of 34,974 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 30.79 square kilometres (11.89 sq mi) of which 0.17 km2 (0.066 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1,142.19 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,958.3 /sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Kerava:
- National Coalition Party 25.1%
- Social Democratic Party 23.4%
- Finns Party 22.1%
- Green League 9.7%
- Left Alliance 6.9%
- Centre Party 6.4%
- Christian Democrats 3.8%
- Swedish People's Party 0.8%
Notable people from Kerava
- Stone (band) Finnish heavy metal band
- Hanna-Maria Seppälä (b. 1984), Finnish freestyle swimmer
- Eero Hämeenniemi[dead link] (b. 1951), Finnish composer
- Marco Hietala was born in Tervo, Finland, but currently lives in Kerava.
- Emppu Vuorinen was born in Kitee, Finland, but currently resides in Kerava.
- Pekka Ansio Heino, singer of Leverage and Brother Firetribe
- Tero Kinnunen currently resides in Kerava.
- Samuel Haanpää
- Joona Puhakka
- President Juho Kusti Paasikivi
- Olympic medal winner Volmari Iso-Hollo
- Teddy and The Tigers, Finnish rockabilly band
- Sasha Mäkilä, Finnish orchestra conductor
- Renny Harlin, film director.
Jean Sibelius lived in Kerava for 2 years and composed e.g. Finlandia in Kerava.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kerava at Wikimedia Commons