|Lee Soo Young|
|Birth name||Lee Ji Yeon|
|Born||April 12, 1979|
|Revised Romanization||I Su-yeong|
|Revised Romanization||I Ji-yeon|
Lee Soo Young (born Lee Ji Yeon, April 12, 1979 in Seoul, South Korea) is a Korean ballad singer. She made her debut in 1999 in Korea with the hit “I Believe.” Currently, she has nine released albums and five mini-albums (labeled as Holiday in Lombok, Classic, As Time Goes By, An Autumn Day, Once) and sang six OSTs. She’s recognized in Korea for her powerful voice and although she rarely appears in her own music videos, she has earned a lot of popularity. She has also recently appeared on a number of variety shows, displaying her sense of humour and her ability to be comical and carefree, adding to her popularity. Today she is considered one of Korea’s most famous and accomplished ballad singers.
She released her seventh album, Grace, on January 21, 2006. It performed very well, able to shoot straight to the top of the charts. The popularity of the album led to a limited edition (repackage) release of Grace, of which only 30,000 copies were produced.
On October 5, 2010 at age 31 she married her fiance (age 41) whom she met through church. They dated for about a year before tying the knot at the Villa de Bailey wedding house. And in February 2011, she announced that was four months pregnant and would have her first child in the summer of 2011 and during this time she would only focus on preparing for the child and her radio show on KBS 2FM (89.1Mhz)
Studio Albums 
- [1999.11.17] I Believe
- [2001.02.10] Never Again
- [2001.12.13] Made in Winter
- [2002.09.11] My Stay in Sendai
- [2003.08.21] This Time
- [2004.09.10] The Colors of My Life
- [2006.01.21] Grace
- [2007.09.13] Set It Down (내려놓음)
- [2009.10.21] Dazzle
Other Albums 
- [2001.09.18] Concert Album 'Thank You (그녀에게 감사해요), Lee Soo Young Live'
- [2003.01.24] Special Album 'Sweet Holiday in Lombok'
- [2004.01.12] Classic
- [2005.01.10] As Time Goes By
- [2005.10.20] 2005 Special Album 'An Autumn Day'
Mini Album 
- [2008.11.13] Once
- [2004.06.23] Saigo no Wagamama (最後のわがまま / The Final Indulgence)
- 2003 MBC Top 10 Gayo Festival: Daesang
- 2004 Golden Disk Awards: Daesang
- 2004 MBC Top 10 Gayo Festival: Daesang
- Lee to Sing New Song at Seo's Wedding Sat. english.kbs.co.kr Retrieved on 13-09-2007
- Lee Soo-young at Allmusic
- Biography and Discography
- Hong Kong discuss all MV/Shows
- Lee Soo-young on Twitter (Korean)
|Awards and achievements|
|Golden Disk Awards for Daesang