List of offshore financial centres
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
Several countries and territories have been designated offshore financial centres by notable institutions namely, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Financial Secrecy Index (managed by the Tax Justice Network) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
1 Used to be part of the former Netherlands Antilles which was dissolved in 2010 and now self-governing territories.
2 Only the Federal Territory of Labuan is designated.
3 Only the Autonomous Region of Madeira is designated.
4 Notably the state of Delaware is well known as a corporate haven due to its business-friendly corporation law.
- FATF Blacklist—List of non-cooperative countries or territories
- List of company registers
- List of countries by tax rates
- Offshore Financial Centers : A Report on the Assessment Program and Proposal for Integration with the Financial Sector Assessment Program
- Tax Justice Network (2013). "Financial Secrecy Index". Tax Justice Network. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- OECD SECRETARY-GENERAL REPORT TO THE G20 FINANCE MINISTERS
- "Offshore Financial Centers (OFCs): IMF Staff Assessments (OFCA) - Sorted by Jurisdiction". Imf.org. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Delaware Division of Corporations
- IMF 2000 report on offshore financial centres
- Moran Harari, Markus Meinzer and Richard Murphy (October 2012) "Financial Secrecy, Banks and the Big 4 Firms of Accountants" Tax Justice Network