|Industry||Bakery, Food Processing|
|Key people||Zoher H Khorakiwala (Chairman), Idris H Khorakiwala (Managing Director)|
|Products||Cakes, Pastry, Chocolate|
Monginis is an Indian pastry and bakery chain based in Mumbai with outlets in different cities in India and Egypt. In the Brand Trust Report 2012, Monginis was ranked 605th among India's most trusted brands and subsequently, according to the Brand Trust Report 2013, Monginis was ranked 541st among India's most trusted brands. In 2014 however, Monginis was ranked 256th among India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company.
Early in the 20th century, two Italian brothers ran a catering service in Mumbai's Fort precinct, which was popular with the city's European residents. In 1958, Monginis catering was taken over by the Khorakiwala family, and became Monginis Foods Limited. In 1971, the company adopted the franchise model of business, with a stated emphasis on localized production for local tastes. It also models itself on the "food boutique" concept, focusing on quality, presentation and service. It has thereby expanded its brand and reach across the country with a total worth of about 950 million rupees by 2012.
Monginis sells ready-made as well as order-made cakes for catering or carry-out. Individual cake slices are also kept in Monginis stores for dine-in customers. The chain sells both Indian and Western savouries, including samosas, puffs, cutlets and doughnuts. Apart from these, snack foods and breads are also sold at Monginis shops. Monginis has a product line for diabetics, and offers themed products during festivals. The Egyptian brand has called itself Monginis bakery producing chocolates, cakes, pastries and oriental sweets. Fast food snacks include more than 50 items. Monginis also produce more than 30 different gateaux.
Monginis also provides accessorized carry-out catering, with telephone and internet ordering options. It counts 558 exclusive franchises in total, and at least one production center each, in 38 cities. Besides Mumbai the company is present in Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Bhiwandi, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Kochi, Kolkata, Nashik, Pune, Palanpur, Rajkot, Secunderabad, Surat and Vadodara. It is also present in Alexandria, Cairo and Mansoura in Egypt.
- "Retail-Trends :: New-Concepts - Retailing in Bakery: Yet to Get Brownie Points!". Retail.franchiseindia.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Monginis to enter ‘ready to eat' segment". The Hindu Business Line. 2010-01-22. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014".
- India (1999-02-22). "M/s.Monginis Foods Pvt.Ltd". Gmdu.net. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, Monginis man". domain-b.com. 1999-07-12. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Monginis Packs A Slew Of Initiatives This Summer To Push Brand Visibility". Financialexpress.com. 2002-04-22. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Sachin Marya. "Monginis seeks franchisees - Franchise News". News.franchiseindia.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "contact us". Monginis.net. Retrieved 2010-07-16.