The Nokia 7110 was the first mobile phone to run Series 40 and to come with a WAP browser. It was announced in February 1999 and released in October 1999. Known as "The Swordfish Phone", as it was used by John Travolta in the movie Swordfish.
- 7110 GSM 900/1800 Band Worldwide
- 7190 GSM 1900 Band for USA
- 7160 TDMA
Contrary to popular myth, though the Nokia 7110 does feature a spring-loaded cover concealing the keypad, this is not the model featured in the first Matrix movie, which is the Nokia 8110 (made 3 years prior), which was adapted with a spring mechanism to feature in the 1999 film.
- http://web.archive.org/web/20010827093408/http://press.nokia.com/PR/199902/777256_5.html Press Release
- http://www.filibeto.org/mobile/firmware.html First public firmware revision date
- Cell phone manufacturers set to pump up the hardware
- Nokia unveils new media phones for mobile internet access First WAP 1.1 compliant phones for Americas market
- That Damn Matrix Phone. Neuro.me.uk/matrixphone. URL accessed on December 6, 2006
- Matrix fans - spring-loaded nokias