|Traded as||LSE: ROR|
|Headquarters||Bath, Somerset, UK|
|Key people||Roger Lockwood, Chairman
Peter France, CEO
|Revenue||£511.7 million (2012)|
|Operating income||£131.9 million (2012)|
|Net income||£89.3 million (2012)|
|Employees||circa 2,300 (2012)|
The Company was established as a small engineering workshop in Bristol in the 1940s. In 1945 it was acquired by Frenchay Products led by Jeremy Fry under whose leadership it made its first actuator in 1952. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1968 as Rotork Controls.
In 1999 it bought Fluid System Srl, an Italian actuator business, in 2000 it bought Skilmatic in Leeds and in 2002 it acquired Jordan Controls, a United States actuator business. It started operating in Sweden in 2008 with the purchase of Remote Control.
In 2009 the company went on to buy Flow-Quip, a United States-based business. Then in 2010 it acquired Ralph A. Hillier, another American business. In 2011, Rotork Servo Controles de Mexico S.A. de C.V. became fully owned by Rotork after being part-owned since the 1970s.  Shortly after Rotork purchased Valco Valves Automation AS, Rotork’s long term sales and service agent in Norway, now renamed Rotork Norway.  Rotork has also acquired K-Tork International Inc. based in Dallas and Centork Valve Control S.L., a Spanish actuator manufacturer based near San Sebastián. 
The company is a designer and manufacturer of industrial valve actuators, control systems, gearboxes and accessories. It is organised into the following businesses: Rotork Controls, Rotork Fluid Systems, Rotork Gears and Rotork Site Services.
- Preliminary Results 2012
- Rotork Joins The Watch List Motley Fool, 14 August 2003
- London Stock Exchange
- Profile of the International Valve Industry: Market Prospects to 2009 By Graham Weaver, p. 159
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden Waste and Watewater, 28 February 2008
- Rotork buys Flow-Quip Controls for $8m IB Times, 9 November 2009
- Rotork acquires Ralph A. Hillier Company VMA, 24 May 2010
- Rotork Acquires Servo Controles de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
- Rotork purchases Valco Valves Automation AS
- Rotork Acquires K-Tork International Inc. and Centork Valve Control S.L.
- "Britain's Most Admired Companies 2011: No. 3 - Rotork". Management Today. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.