Witan Investment Trust
Witan Investment Trust (LSE: WTAN) is a large British investment trust dedicated to equity investments. Established in 1909, the company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. The Chairman is Harry Henderson.
A brief history of Witan Investment Trust
- 1909 Witan is created to manage the estate of the first Lord Faringdon Alexander Henderson.
- 1924 Witan listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- 1932 Witan founds Henderson Administration (now Henderson Global Investors) to manage its funds.
- 1983 Henderson becomes a public Company.
- 1997 Witan’s remaining stake in Henderson is sold to AMP.
- 2004 Witan becomes self managed and appoints its first Chief Executive Officer. Witan adopts multi-manager.
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|