Schiller Park, Illinois
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Schiller Park, Illinois|
|Motto: "Small Town Feel With a World at Its Touch"|
|Area||2.77 sq mi (7 km2)|
|- land||2.77 sq mi (7 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||4,257.4 / sq mi (1,644 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code||847 & 224|
|Wikimedia Commons: Schiller Park, Illinois|
Schiller Park is located at .
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 2.77 square miles (7.2 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 11,850 people, 4,244 households, and 3,045 families residing in the village. The population density was 4,283.5 people per square mile (1,451.7/km²). There were 4,335 housing units at an average density of 1,567.0 per square mile (604.2/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 80.98% White, 1.98% African American, 0.28% Native American, 5.14% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 8.11% from other races, and 3.49% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 21.92% of the population.
There were 4,244 households out of which 33.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.7% were married couples living together, 8.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.3% were non-families. 22.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.79 and the average family size was 4.61.
In the village the population was spread out with 23.7% under the age of 18, 11.0% from 18 to 24, 33.4% from 25 to 44, 21.5% from 45 to 64, and 10.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 104.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.3 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $41,583, and the median income for a family was $48,525. Males had a median income of $34,057 versus $25,403 for females. The per capita income for the village was $17,781. About 8.7% of families and 12.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.2% of those under age 18 and 3.5% of those age 65 or over.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
- The Arch, a famous Schiller Park roadhouse in the 1930s, was the headquarters of organized crime figure Roger Touhy.
- The restaurant called The Great Escape once was a headquarters of Al Capone.
- Capurso (Italy), 1994
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Schiller Park village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|O'Hare, Chicago||O'Hare, Chicago|