|— Municipality —|
|• Municipal manager||Vesa Lötjönen|
|• Total||507.81 km2 (196.07 sq mi)|
|• Land||400.96 km2 (154.81 sq mi)|
|• Water||106.85 km2 (41.26 sq mi)|
|Area rank||227th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||51st largest in Finland|
|• Density||53.19/km2 (137.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||21%|
|• 15 to 64||65.7%|
|• 65 or older||13.4%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
It is located in Eastern Finland, in Northern Savonia, 20 kilometres (12 mi) north of the city of Kuopio. The median age is relatively low; 23% of the population are under 15 years old. The main sources of income are services and industry. Siilinjärvi has 11 elementary schools and 2 secondary schools (one is located in Suininlahti and one downtown). One of the most important employers in Siilinjärvi is Yara International. Another big employer is Lujabetoni.
Siilinjärvi is the birthplace of politician and prime minister Jyrki Katainen.
The educational department takes part in Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 in Finland.
Sister cities 
Siilinjärvi is twinned with:
- Sunne, Sweden
- Elverum, Norway
- Haslev, Denmark
- Hajdúböszörmény, Hungary
- Kamennogorsk, Russia
- Amberg, Germany
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 28.2.2013" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Siilinjärvi at Wikimedia Commons
|This Eastern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|