|Born||Norman Stephan Kinsella
Norman Stephan Kinsella (//; born 1965) is an American intellectual property lawyer and libertarian legal theorist. His legal works have been published by Oceana Publications (acquired in 2005 by Oxford University Press) and West/Thomson Reuters. His work on libertarian theory is primarily published on his blog and by publications and websites associated with the Ludwig von Mises Institute and anarcho-capitalist organizations.[which?]
Born in Prairieville, Louisiana, he attended Louisiana State University where he earned Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MS) degrees in electrical engineering, and a Juris Doctor (JD) from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center. He also obtained an LL.M. at the University of London.
Kinsella was general counsel of Applied Optoelectronics, Inc., of Sugar Land, Texas from 2000 to 2012 and is currently in private practice in Houston, Texas. He is an adjunct scholar of the Mises Institute and the former Book Review Editor for the Institute's Journal of Libertarian Studies. Kinsella also contributes to the news and opinion blog at LewRockwell.com and is the creator of Libertarian Papers, a libertarian website.
Kinsella's legal publications include books and articles about patent law, contract law, e-commerce law, international law, and other topics. Kinsella has also published and lectured on a variety of libertarian topics.
- Protecting Foreign Investment Under International Law: Legal Aspects of Political Risk. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications. 1997. ISBN 978-0-379213-71-3. (with Paul E. Comeaux)
- Online Contract Formation. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications. 2004. ISBN 978-0-379215-19-9. OCLC 56476041 and 744522102. (with Andrew F. Simpson)
- International Investment, Political Risk, and Dispute Resolution: A Practitioner's Guide. Oceana Publications. 2005. ISBN 978-0-379215-22-9. OCLC 846016193 (with Noah Rubins)
- Against Intellectual Property. Ludwig von Mises Institute. 2008. ISBN 978-1-933550-32-9.
- Trademark practice and Forms. Eagan, MN: West/Thomson Reuters. 2003 & 2011. ISBN 978-0-379012-69-9. OCLC 772536840 and 636178826. (with Teresa C. Tucker, co-editor)
- Symposium: "Do patents and copyrights undermine private property?" by Ilana Mercer, Stephan Kinsella, and James DeLong (Insight on the News, 21 May 2001)
- Against Intellectual Property (Journal of Libertarian Studies, Spring 2001) [Volume 15, no. 2, p. 1–53]
- Stephan Kinsella on the Logic of Libertarianism and Why Intellectual Property Doesn't Exist with Anthony Wile (The Daily Bell, 18 March 2012)
- Welcome to Libertarian Papers! by Stephan Kinsella (Libertarianpapers.org, 22 January 2009)
- Rothbard, Murray. The Ethics of Liberty Auburn, AL: Ludwig von Mises Institute.
- Evers, Williamson. "Toward a Reformulation of the Law of Contracts." Journal of Libertarian Studies. Vol. 1, No. 1. Auburn, AL: Ludwig von Mises Institute, 1977.
- KinsellaLaw, Kinsella's legal website
- StephanKinsella.com, Kinsella's libertarian website
- Archive of Kinsella commentary from LewRockwell.com