21 September 1944 |
Lucknow, British India
|Title||Padma Shri (2005)|
|Spouse(s)||Subhashini Ali (Divorced)
Rajah Muzaffar Ali (Urdu: مظفر علی, Hindi: मुज़फ्फर अली, born 21 October 1944, Lucknow) is an Indian filmmaker, a fashion designer, a poet, an artist, a music-lover, a revivalist, and a social worker. He belongs to a royal Muslim Rajput family of Kotwara. He is not to be confused with the famous 16th century Persian artist of the Persian miniature.
Muzaffar Ali attended the La Martiniere college. His father was the Raja of Kotwara and his mother was from the noble family of Sheikhupur, Badaun. Muzaffar Ali had a successful career as a film maker. His Vinod Khanna-Dimple Kapadia starrer Zooni is still unreleased.
- Padma Shri - 2005
- Khizan (1995)
- Zooni (1989) - unreleased
- Aaya Basant Sakhi (1986)
- Anjuman (1986) (also producer)
- Kali Mohini (1986)
- Semal Ki Darakht (1986)
- Ganga Teri Shakti Apaar (1985)
- India, an Unusual Environment for Meetings (1985)
- Sheeshon Ka Masiha (1985)
- Kue Yaar Mein (1984)
- Together Forever (1984)
- Vadakath: A Thervad in Kerala (1984)
- Sunhare Sapne (1983)
- Wah! Maan Gaye Ustad (1983)
- Aagman (1982)
- Laila Majnu Ki Nai Nautanki (1982)
- Venue India (1982)
- Woodcrafts of Saharanpur (1982)
- Umrao Jaan (1981) (also producer)
- Vasiqedars, the Pensioners of Avadh (1981)
- Gaman (1978) (also producer)
- "Muzaffar Ali deplores MNS stand against North Indians, Bachchan". The Hindu. 2008-02-04. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- The Old Martinians' website; Colvin Taluqdars' College is the chief source for the alumni section.
- "Bollywood has lost the plot: Muzaffar Ali". The Times of India. 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "Zooni, the great film that never got finished". searchkashmir. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Guftagoo with Muzaffar Ali Rajya Sabha TV". youtube. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Muzaffar Ali in Lucknow". The Times of India. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|