User talk:Mean as custard
This is my talk page. Please append all accolades, brickbats and threats to the bottom of the page.
- 1 Edits to HHE page
- 2 Edits to Sensormatic page
- 3 Sport360 Page
- 4 What's yo problem
- 5 Greetings, Vandalism : No, Lucidity : Yes
- 6 What is the best solution ?
- 7 Would you provide some guidance on your feedback please so we can fix a page you've tagged?
- 8 Derwick August
- 9 Absolute Healing
- 10 [St. Jude College, Cavite] Undoing my revisions
- 11 Your a jerk
- 12 Mean as custard
- 13 I read that.. Like I said, how do you not see the relevance?
- 14 Purely Spam and no content....I have over 100 blogs of information between both sites.
- 15 More about me here Custard.
- 16 I don't need to be an Author to list a valuable site.
- 17 Variable
Edits to HHE page
Hello Mean as Custard, you have deleted my edits to HHE page twice. For the second attempt I added some references to the glossary terms I wrote to the page. What is the problem? Thanks EDEN Secretariat (talk) 14:25, 26 August 2014 (UTC) EDEN Secretariat
- HHE is a disambiguation or a redirect page. It should contain only links to other Wikipedia pages. . . Mean as custard (talk) 14:28, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
Edits to Sensormatic page
Hello Mean as Custard, I see that you reverted the Sensormatic page back to an older version citing that it was "blatantly promotional." I can tell you that much of the information on the current page is outdated. I'm afraid I have a conflict of interest and should not be updating this page myself, but I would like for it to reflect correct info that is current. I don't want to be promotional, simply factual. I know you can request an article to be written by an editor, but is there a way that I can request an update in the same fashion? Any advice would be appreciated. --Kborrellitrs (talk) 17:51, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
(Sorry, how can I write a question to Mean as custard here?)
Dear Mean as custard, I am confused about the removal of interviews (regarded by yourself as link farming) due to them being public data. It's a pretty sparse page that could do with increased information about the newspaper and its' workings. What would you recommend I do about the interviews as I would like very much to add them to the page in some form or another. Sincerely Events360 (talk) 08:04, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
Would it be allowed by Wikipedia regulations to have a small section with notable interviews, similar to that posted by The Guardian and other highly regarded newspapers? Events360 (talk) 08:47, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- No. Excessive external links are discouraged. See Wikipedia:External links. . . Mean as custard (talk) 09:38, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
What's yo problem
Why hav u undone all my edits. Wot have u got against me friend. I have never done nothing to u and u go around undoing all my edits. Seriously, why? Does it make u feel proud to undo my edits, friend? I am seriously fucked off by all of this but I will let u explain urself b4 I consider reporting u. Hope we can put this dispte right and get everything in the open. Muddafuca (talk) 19:51, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
Seeing as u continue to mug me off I've reported you. I tried to resolve this but you have given me no reasons for uf vandalism of my edits other than you do not like my username. Muddafuca (talk) 19:54, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
Hard Hat Article Deletions G'day Mean as custard! A few days ago, I added historical information about MSA hard hats to this page in keeping with the discussion of technological advances. Within five minutes all of those additions were deleted as "advertising". I take issue with these deletions, as my additions were no different than those of Bullard, another hard hat manufacturer. If you are going to strip company references, how about some consistency? I see no reason to delete relevant historical information from one company if another's contributions are allowed to stand. Then again, do you work for Bullard? Thanks for your time!
- The problem was the multiple external links to a commercial website: see WP:EL. . . Mean as custard (talk) 18:04, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
Greetings, Vandalism : No, Lucidity : Yes
Wikipedia is filled of promotional pages... Written as advertisement. It's no vandalism it's lucidity...
(Abeloth) 08:48, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
- That sounds about right, but redirecting them all to the Wikipedia policy page on promotional content is not the best solution. . . Mean as custard (talk) 09:55, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
From a different point of view, If Panic write a post about Panic, that's considered as a promotional intent. But a post written by someone about Panic could be considered as non promotional ?
- How can we establish a difference ?
- Why some are granted ? Some are refused ?
(Abeloth) 10:20, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
Would you provide some guidance on your feedback please so we can fix a page you've tagged?
You tagged High-Tech Bridge as being written as like an advert. I've toned down the language and removed a bunch of external references. Would you have a look and provide comment on the updated version please? If you think it still is promotional, kindly make some mention about what aspects of the page look promotional so that we can get that resolved. WhatWouldBilboDo (talk) 10:08, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- As a rule of thumb, any article that says its subject provides "solutions" is promotional. . . Mean as custard (talk) 10:32, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi Custard! I noticed you've made some edits to Derwick Associates in the past and I recently made some changes to the page, along with related pages, myself to try and improve it. I wanted to invite you to take a look at the current version and see what you think. Righteousskills (talk) 08:15, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for being direct with him. I didn't have the heart. He started out sort of okay, but the CIR grew stronger with each post. The final result is probably best for all. Cheers, Anna Frodesiak (talk) 12:01, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
TAN TAN BOOKS.
Mean as Custard. My entry intended only as statement of facts. How can I alter so as to appear less promotional? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tan Tan Books (talk • contribs) 08:45, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
[St. Jude College, Cavite] Undoing my revisions
Hello, I have noticed that you have changed quite a lot in St. Jude College, Cavite. You said to "tone down promotional material". I saw that you removed the sections I have made namely; the Mission and Vision, Core Values and Goals and Objectives. I do not see any valid reason why they are removed and I do believe that they add important information about the page. I am hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Chester0727 (talk • contribs) 12:47, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- Exactly. It is supposed to be an encyclopedia article, not a school prospectus. . . .Mean as custard (talk) 13:32, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
Your a jerk
|That's all I have. Thank you TearStreak (talk) 15:59, 12 August 2014 (UTC)|
Mean as custard
Why are you deleting that link? Do you not see that it is relevant?
I read that.. Like I said, how do you not see the relevance?
It's about convenience stores.
1) I added where convenience stores get their products, which is a convenience store distributor, which you deleted. Please explain and don't send me to a link please. 2) I added an external link "Convenience Store Directory". Is this not relevant?
- No, it was pure spam, i.e. a commercial site with no free content. . . Mean as custard (talk) 10:22, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
Purely Spam and no content....I have over 100 blogs of information between both sites.
Every link you have as an external reference sells some sort of product
Convenience Store News (convenience store industry trade publication and online news source)They sell a magazine and a directory Convenience Store Decisions (convenience store industry trade publication)They sell a magazine and advertising cstore life magazine (The official publication of the Canadian Convenience Stores Association) This one sells advertising Australian Convenience Store News (industry trade publication) Sells advertising NACS, the Association for Convenience and Fuel Retailing Sells advertising, exhibitor list and tradeshows.
I have been in the industry for over 15 years. You can read about me here. http://www.cspnet.com/category-news/tobacco/articles/usst-taps-diptops
Now can you add my info please.
More about me here Custard.
Can we add my sites now to the external links section?
Anthony Bautista (talk) 11:11, 17 August 2014 (UTC) AB
- No. You appear to be an experienced author, so instead of just adding external links, try writing some new content for a Wikipedia article, with plenty of references to independent sources. . . Mean as custard (talk) 12:21, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
I don't need to be an Author to list a valuable site.
I'm a normal guy who started his own business from nothing and became very successful in the convenience store industry. I know that adding an external link with tons of information on the subject is valuable to the readers.
I have refuted all of your claims and you continue to make new excuses.
- Whatever you say. If you continue adding external links you will be reported to an administrator who will weigh up the arguments and decide whether to block you. . . Mean as custard (talk) 18:02, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
I fixed the page as soon as it was flaged. It was still deleted. Now I want to recreate the page, With the same name but I get the spam tag. How can I get it removed? Jayham1971 (talk) 10:35, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- Write an article about something else that doesn't read like Unambiguous advertising or promotion. . . Mean as custard (talk) 10:42, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
Look, For a guy who indicates you want to remove links selling products it's fishy you seem to constantly readd a page that does just that. Stop manipulating the page.
- Variable Compressor if you're too slow to recall
Trafford Park TMD. I was disappointed that you reversed my changes. You had Trafford Park shed in the wrong place (where Cornbrook Carriage Sidings were) and you have reinstated that incorrect information. Trafford Park shed was just west of Manchester United's football ground just north of the site currently occupied by the Freightliner Terminal. Comment added by Railranger