West Coast Customs
|Headquarters||Corona, California, U.S.|
West Coast Customs is an automotive modifications company based in Corona, California, United States.
West Coast Customs was founded in 1993 by Ryan Friedlinghaus. West Coast Customs, Inc. filed articles of incorporation in the State of California on October 20, 2000 and is headquartered at 181 Via Trevizio, Corona, California. It was originally located in Orange County, California, then moved to Los Angeles, and now its current location is in Corona, California.
On the 9th of July 2014, West Coast Customs announced that they are building a new headquarters that will be located at 2101 West Empire Avenue which is in the city of Burbank.
West Coast Customs, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc, who owns a controlling interest in WCC. Additionally, In July 2012, Joseph Scalisi, Location Based Technologies Inc. Co-President and Chief Development Officer and stockholder, entered into a Subscription Agreement with West Coast Customs ("WCC") to acquire an approximate 1.5% ownership of WCC. LBT is under a Manufacturing and Trademark License Agreement with WCC for co-branding of the PocketFinder products.
In addition to its car building operations, West Coast Customs has a full line of die-cast cars, apparel and other merchandise. The company also has its own television show on Fox Sports 2 called "West Coast Customs". Produced by K.O.C. Productions. Prior shows were "Street Customs" on TLC and "Inside West Coast Customs" on Velocity.
West Coast Customs has franchises in Berlin, Mexico, Malaysia, Dubai, Russia and Japan. New shops are planned in Canada and Australia. The company has expanded into the automotive industry with a new catalog of body kits and wheels. Together with the Japanese franchise, it also has opened a workshop called West Coast Customs Coach, in which coaches are also modified. West Coast Customs was the original site for the MTV show Pimp My Ride, hosted by rapper Xzibit. It also appears in numerous locations in the video game L.A. Rush. West Coast Customs have also had reality shows on TLC and Discovery Channel called Street Customs (Custom My Ride, as it is called in the UK). The show, produced by Pilgrim Films & Television, features some of the original cast from Pimp My Ride, including Ishmael ("Ish") and Big Dane.
Their newest series Inside West Coast Customs premiered in January 2011 on Discovery HD Theater, now called Velocity. The second season began on February 12, 2012. The third and final season of the show premiered on February 10, 2014 and the season finale aired on March 10. West Coast Customs began building custom Ford Mustang Cobras in collaboration with Carroll Shelby, the originator of Shelby branded custom street and race cars including the famous Shelby Cobra. On a recent showing of Street Customs, Ryan Friedlinghaus and his team built the first of these Cobras and invited Shelby to see the finished product and surprising him by presenting the car to him as a gift.
Cast and crew
The following include those that have appeared on the TV show Street Customs.
- Mr. Ryan Friedlinghaus, Chief Executive Officer:
Ryan Friedlinghaus is the CEO of West Coast Customs and has interests in other corporate entities including West Coast Customs International, LLC, Koc Productions, LLC, and WCC1993, LLC .
- Mrs. Amy Boylan, President,
Ms. Boylan is responsible for daily operations, marketing, sponsorships and corporate programs for the company.
- Chris G. Cooley, CPA
- Micky – Accounting
- Alex – Sales Manager-no longer with company now running Anderson consulting company
- Big Dane- FOO (friends of owner)
- Tito – Public Relations-no longer with company
- Jeff – Vehicle Design
- Meagan – Ryan's Wife
- 'Mad' Mike – Administrative Assistant (a regular on Pimp My Ride)-no longer with company, has been working at Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) since 2006
- Kenny – Floor Manager
- Darren – Audio and Electronics-no longer with company now owns Boost motorsports
- Keylee – Jeff's Dog
- Ryan – lighting and interior customization
- Carlos – Wood Fabrication
- Ishmael "Ish" – Interiors
- James and 2shae – Graphic Design
- Negro – Head Body Shop
- Marcos – Body Shop
- George – Paint-no longer with company now employed as by Tesla automotive
- Rafa &&' Vitor- paint- no longer with company.
- Joan – Paint
- Brian – Head Metal Fabrication-no longer with company now owns Jendro's customs
- Danny – Fabrication-no longer with company now works for Jendro's customs
- Mosko – Fabrication
- Jose – Fabrication
- Bernt - Fabricator (Previously worked for Boyd Coddington)-no longer with company now employed by 401k customs
- Will – Fabrication-no longer with company now employed by Penhall fabrication
- Rory – Parts Manager-no long with company now employed by Callaway Cars
- David 'Greaser' – Wheels and tires-no longer with company
- Hunter – Fabrication Apprentice
- Pedro – Custodial Services
- Gera – Baller
- Mohammed 'Ali' - Fabrication
- Arshad 'Safrulla' - IT
- Chris - Fabrication
- Rubén - Body Shop
- Adam ' Mad Money' Means – Director,
- Patrick 'Green Street' Dupree – Camera,
- David 'The Contender' McAbee – Coordinator,
- John 'to cool for school' Lakin – Audio,
- Kyle 'Karl' Scanlon – Asst. Camera,
West Coast Customs, Inc. Trademarks
WRENCH West Coast Customs, Inc.
RHAUS West Coast Customs, Inc.
West Coast Customs, Inc. Partnerships
Simply WoW® currently has the rights to and is licensing to West Coast Customs: Simply WoW® / Cleaner Degreaser Simply WoW® Tuff Buff® Simply WoW® Odor Annihilator® Simply WoW® Tire Shine
Location Based Technologies® Inc: PocketFinder Vehicle® GPS devices. The partnership also includes advertising through multiple media platforms and co-branding sales opportunities with both domestic and international distribution.
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions: A division of Avery Dennison Corporation (AVY), has announced a partnership with West Coast Customs (WCC). Under the collaboration, WCC will feature the best of Avery Dennison vehicle wrap films and over-laminates in all graphics and car wraps.
Red Kap: A global manufacturer of performance work wear is the official sponsor for WCC.