École nationale supérieure d'informatique et de mathématiques appliquées de Grenoble
The École nationale supérieure d'informatique et mathématiques appliquées de Grenoble, or Grenoble INP - Ensimag, is a prestigious French Grande École located in Grenoble, France. Ensimag is part of the Institut polytechnique de Grenoble (Grenoble INP). The school is one of the top French educational institutions and specializes in Computer science, Applied Mathematics and Telecommunications.
Students are admitted to Ensimag competitively following two years of undergraduate studies in classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles. Studies at Ensimag are of three years' duration and lead to the French degree of "Diplôme National d'Ingénieur" (equivalent to a Master’s degree).
Ensimag Graduate specializations
Ensimag’s curriculum offers a variety of compulsory and elective advanced courses, making up specific profiles. Most of the common core courses are taught in the first year and the first semester of the second year, allowing students to acquire the basics in Applied Mathematics and Informatics. Students then choose a graduate specialization.
- Financial Mathematics
- Mathematics and Informatics for Finance
- Computer Systems for Finance
Software and Systems Engineering
- Architecture of Complex Systems
- Information Systems
Mathematical modeling, Vision, Graphics and Simulation
- Modeling, Calculus, Simulation
- Images, Virtual Reality and Multimedia
Embedded Systems and Software Devices
- Software, hardware and systems for embedded and intelligent applications
- High level modeling, virtual prototyping and validation of complex systems
- Control theory and informatics
- Architecture and telecommunication services
- Networks transmission systems
International master’s programmes (Courses in English)
Master of Science in Informatics at Grenoble Since September 2008, a joint degree programme with Université Joseph Fourier. Highly competitive, two-year graduate program offering training in the areas of:
- Distributed Embedded Mobile and Interactive Systems
- Graphics, Vision and Robotics
- AI and the Web
- Security and Cryptology of Information Systems. This program is common between the Grenoble INP and the Université Joseph Fourier.
Master in Communication Systems Engineering Offered jointly by Ensimag and Politecnico di Torino (Italy) This course aims to train engineers to specialize in the design and management of communication systems, ranging from simple point-to-point transmissions to diversified telecommunications networks. A four-semester course:
- First and second semesters taught at Politecnico di Torino
- Third semester taught at Grenoble INP
- Fourth semester: Master’s Tthesis
Research at Ensimag
Ensimag students can perform research work as part of their curriculum in second year, as well as a second-year internship and their end of studies project in a research laboratory. 15% of Ensimag graduates choose to pursue a Ph.D.
Junior enterprise: Nsigma
Nsigma was founded on November 17, 1980 as a voluntary association under the name ENSIGMA PROGRAMMATION. This association obtained the label Junior-Entreprise ® in 1981 and managed to renew it every year since then. The Junior enterprise took advantage of the Ensimag reform in 2008 to update its status and title. Currently called Nsigma, it is now an information technology service provider.
- "Le classement 2013 des écoles d'ingénieurs". usinenouvelle.com.
- "Le palmarès 2010 des écoles d'ingénieurs de L'Etudiant". pro.01net.com.
- "L'Etudiant: Palmarès 2013 des écoles d'ingénieurs après bac + 2". letudiant.fr.
|This French school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|