From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1392.
|1392 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1392 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2145|
|English Regnal year||15 Ric. 2 – 16 Ric. 2|
|Chinese calendar||辛未年 (Metal Goat)
4088 or 4028
— to —
壬申年 (Water Monkey)
4089 or 4029
|- Vikram Samvat||1448–1449|
|- Shaka Samvat||1313–1314|
|- Kali Yuga||4492–4493|
|Japanese calendar||Meitoku 3
|Minguo calendar||520 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1934–1935|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1392.|
- June 13 - Failed assassination attempt by Pierre de Craon on Olivier de Clisson, Constable of France.
- August 5
- General Yi Seong-gye crowns himself Taejo of Joseon, ending the Goryeo dynasty in the Korean Peninsula and establishing the Joseon dynasty which will last for more than 500 years.
- Charles VI of France (later known as "Charles the Mad") suffers a serious bout of psychosis which will continue throughout his life.
- December 16 – Emperor Go-Kameyama of Japan abdicates in favor of rival claimant Go-Komatsu, in order to end the nanboku-cho period of conflict between the Northern and Southern imperial courts.
- King Jogaila of Poland and Lithuania appoints his cousin Vytautas the Great as regent of Lithuania in return for Vytautas giving up his claim to the Lithuanian throne. Vytautas replaces Jogaila's unpopular brother Skirgaila as regent.
- Muhammed VII succeeds Yusuf II as Nasrid Sultan of Granada (modern-day southern Spain).
- Franciscan friar James of Jülich is boiled alive for impersonating a bishop and ordaining his own priests.
- Maria, Queen of Sicily defeats an army of rebel barons.
- William le Scrope succeeds William II de Montacute as King of Mann.
- Seoan mac Pilib succeeds Tomas mor mac Mathghamhna as King of East Breifne in north-central Ireland.
- The city of Afyonkarahisar (in modern-day western Turkey) is conquered by Sultan Beyazid I of the Ottoman Empire.
- Louis de Valois is created first Duke of Orléans of the second creation.
- Erfurt University is founded in Erfurt, central Germany.
- Penistone Grammar School, later to be one of the first community comprehensive schools in England, is founded near Barnsley, England.
- February 3 – Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland (d. 1455)
- date unknown
- date unknown