Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1320 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1320 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2073|
|Balinese saka calendar||1241–1242|
|English Regnal year||13 Edw. 2 – 14 Edw. 2|
|Chinese calendar||己未年 (Earth Goat)|
4016 or 3956
— to —
庚申年 (Metal Monkey)
4017 or 3957
|- Vikram Samvat||1376–1377|
|- Shaka Samvat||1241–1242|
|- Kali Yuga||4420–4421|
|Japanese calendar||Gen'ō 2|
|Minguo calendar||592 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1862–1863|
1446 or 1065 or 293
— to —
1447 or 1066 or 294
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1320.|
- January 20 – Duke Wladyslaw Lokietek becomes king of Poland.
- April 6 – The Scots reaffirm their independence, by signing the Declaration of Arbroath.
- September 9 – In the Battle of Saint George, the Byzantines under Andronikos Asen ambush and defeat the forces of the Principality of Achaea, securing possession of Arcadia.
- Ghiyas al-Din Tughlaq founds the Tughlaq dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate.
- The Venetian Arsenal is rebuilt, as the Arsenal Nuovo.
- The Second Shepherds' Crusade begins.
- Dante's Quaestio de Aqua et Terra is published.
- In England many horses die of a disease called "Ffarsine".
- The Byzantine governor in the Morea, Andronikos Asen, captures the Frankish castles of Akova, Karytaina and St. George, securing control over Arcadia and Cynuria.
- April 8 – King Peter I of Portugal (d. 1367)
- date unknown
- Blanka of Namur, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1363)
- Chen Youliang, founder of the Great Han regime (d. 1363)
- John Hawkwood, English mercenary (d. 1394)
- Iolo Goch, Welsh poet (d. 1398)
- Shams al-Dīn Abū Abd Allāh al-Khalīlī, Arab astronomer (d. 1380)
- Lalleshwari, Hindu poet (d. 1392)
- Louis of Taranto (d. 1362)
- Michael Panaretos, chronicler of Trebizond (d. 1390)
- Nissim of Gerona, Talmudist and authority in Jewish law (d. 1380)
- Otto, Duke of Brunswick-Grubenhagen (d. 1398)
- Rudolph, Duke of Lorraine (d. 1346)
- Ukhaantu Khan, Emperor Huizong of Yuan, emperor of the Yuan Dynasty (d. 1370)
- William of Wykeham, Bishop of Winchester (d. 1404)
- approximate date
- Turisanus, Florentine physician
- January 12 – John Dalderby, Bishop of Lincoln
- January 21 – Árni Helgason, Icelandic bishop (b. c. 1260)
- February 7 – Jan Muskata, Bishop of Kraków (b. 1250)
- March 1 – Ayurbarwada Buyantu Khan, Emperor Renzong of Yuan (b. 1286)
- May 29 – Pope John VIII of Alexandria, Coptic pope
- July 20 – King Oshin of Armenia (b. 1282)
- October 12 – Michael IX Palaiologos, Byzantine co-emperor (b. 1277)
- October 31 – Ricold of Monte Croce, Italian Dominican missionary (b. 1242)
- date unknown
- probable – Geoffrey of Paris, French chronicler