|Headquarters||101 Cypress Street|
Abilene, TX 79601
|Circulation||4,499 (as of 2023)|
Abilene Reporter-News is a daily newspaper based in Abilene, Texas, United States. The newspaper started publishing as the weekly Abilene Reporter, helmed by Charles Edwin Gilbert on June 17, 1881, just three months after Abilene was founded. It is hence the oldest continuous business in the city. It became a daily newspaper in 1885.
In 1937, the company merged its morning paper, The Morning News, with the afternoon Daily Reporter to form the Abilene Reporter-News. The newspaper published morning and evening editions into the 1950s.
- "2023 Texas Newspaper Directory". Texas Press Association. Archived from the original on May 3, 2023. Retrieved May 3, 2023.
- Abilene Reporter News: About Us Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine, accessed January 24, 2007.
- Kincaid, Naomi Hatton. "Abilene Reporter-News". Handbook of Texas Online. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Scripps to Acquire Harte-Hanks Outlets - latimes". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved 2013-10-14. Scripps to Acquire Harte-Hanks Outlets
- Gores, Paul (April 1, 2015). "Journal, Scripps merger creates two closely aligned media companies". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Retrieved April 3, 2015.