The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Calkins Media, Inc. was a media company. Established in 1937, Calkins Media brands included daily newspapers and digital sites in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, a weekly newspaper in South Dade, Fla., and broadcast stations located in Huntsville, Ala., Tallahassee and Sarasota, Fla. Corporate and digital headquarters were located in Bucks County, Pa.
In 2016, Raycom Media agreed to purchase Calkins Media's three television stations. A sale of WAAY-TV to Raycom affiliate American Spirit Media was blocked by the Department of Justice due to Raycom's ownership of WAFF. Raycom closed on the purchase of WWSB and WTXL-TV on May 1, 2017, while WAAY-TV was instead sold to Heartland Media.
Former Calkins Media assets
- The Beaver County Times - (now owned by GateHouse Media)
- Bucks County Courier Times - (PA) - (now owned by GateHouse Media)
- Burlington County Times (NJ) - (now owned by GateHouse Media)
- Ellwood City Ledger - (now owned by GateHouse Media)
- Greene County Messenger - (now owned by Ogden Newspapers)
- (Uniontown, PA) The Herald-Standard - (now owned by Ogden Newspapers)
- South Dade News Leader - (now owned by South Dade News, Inc.)
- The Intelligencer (Doylestown, Pennsylvania) - (now owned by GateHouse Media)
|City of license / Market||Station||Channel
|Years owned||Current ownership status|
|Huntsville, Alabama||WAAY-TV||31 (32)||2007–2017||ABC affiliate owned by Heartland Media|
|Sarasota, Florida 1||WWSB||40 (24)||1986–2017||ABC affiliate owned by Gray Television|
|Tallahassee, Florida||WTXL-TV||27 (27)||2005–2017||ABC affiliate owned by the E. W. Scripps Company|
- 1 The station is licensed to Sarasota, which is part of the Tampa market. However, WWSB does not serve all of the Tampa/St. Petersburg area as the ABC affiliate (WFTS serves the Tampa metro area, WWSB serves the southern portion of the market). The station also serves portions of the Fort Myers market.
- "Raycom Closes On WWSB And WTXL". TVNewsCheck.com. May 1, 2017. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- Staff (19 June 2017). "GateHouse Media agrees to buy Courier Times, other Calkins properties". Buck County Courier Times. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- Hebbard, D. B. (2017-06-19). "Calkins Media sells its newspaper properties to Ogden Newspapers and GateHouse Media". Talking New Media. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- The Bucks County Courier Times is a sister paper of The Intelligencer and the Burlington County Times.
|This United States media company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|