Canadian Screen Award for Best Actress
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television presents an annual award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role to the best performance by a lead actress in a Canadian film. The award was first presented in 1968 by the Canadian Film Awards, and was presented annually until 1978 with the exception of 1974 due to the cancellation of the awards that year.
From 1980 to 1983, only Canadian actresses were eligible for the award; non-Canadian actresses appearing in Canadian films were instead considered for the separate Genie Award for Best Performance by a Foreign Actress. After 1983, the latter award was discontinued, and from 1986 both Canadian and foreign actresses were eligible for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role.
|Josephine Barrington||There's a Car Upside Down on My Lawn|
|Margot Kidder||Does Anybody Here Know Denny?|
|Geneviève Bujold||The Act of the Heart|
|Ann Knox||The Only Thing You Know|
|Micheline Lanctôt||The True Nature of Bernadette (La Vraie Nature de Bernadette)|
|No award presented|
|Margot Kidder||A Quiet Day in Belfast|
|Marilyn Lightstone||Lies My Father Told Me|
|Monique Mercure||J.A. Martin Photographer (J.A. Martin photographe)|
|Jayne Eastwood||One Man|
|Carole Laure||The Angel and the Woman (L'Ange et la femme)|
29th Canadian Film Awards
|Helen Shaver||In Praise of Older Women|
|Micheline Lanctôt||Blood and Guts|
|Celine Lomez||The Silent Partner|
- "Key Genie nominees". Toronto Star, January 26, 2006.
- "'Orphan Black,' 'Gabrielle' big winners at Canadian Screen Awards". CTV News, March 9, 2014.
- "Canadian Screen Awards: Orphan Black, Less Than Kind, Enemy nominated". CBC News, January 13, 2014.
- "Reynolds, Pattinson among film nominees at Canadian Screen Awards". Global News, January 13, 2015.
- "Room, Schitt’s Creek lead 2016 Canadian Screen Award nominations". National Post, January 20, 2016.