24.0.22 / November 4, 2019
|Available in||English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Chinese|
|Type||User interface builder|
Adobe XD is a vector-based user experience design tool for web apps and mobile apps, developed and published by Adobe Inc. It is available for macOS and Windows, although there are versions for iOS and Android to help preview the result of work directly on mobile devices. XD supports website wireframing, and creating simple interactive click-through prototypes.
Adobe first announced they were developing a new interface design and prototyping tool under the name "Project Comet" at the Adobe MAX conference in October 2015. The first public beta was released for macOS as "Adobe Experience Design CC" to anyone with an Adobe account on March 14, 2016. A beta of Adobe XD was released for Windows 10 on December 13, 2016. On October 18, 2017, Adobe announced that Adobe XD was out of beta.
- Repeat grid: Helps creating a grid of repeating items such as lists, and photo galleries.
- Prototype and animation: Creates animated prototypes through linking artboards. These prototypes can be previewed on supported mobile devices.
- Interoperability: XD supports and can open files from Illustrator, Photoshop, Photoshop Sketch, and AfterEffects. In addition to the Adobe Creative Cloud, XD can also connect to other tools and services such as Slack and Microsoft teams to collaborate. XD is also able to auto adjust and move smoothly from macOS to Windows. For security, prototypes can be sent with password protections to ensure full disclosure.
- Voice design: Apps can be designed using voice commands. In addition, what users create for smart assistants can be previewed as well.
- Symbols: Users can create symbols to represent logos and buttons. Symbols can be used to drag and drop items on to artboards and organized them to be reused.
- Responsive resize: Responsive resize automatically adjusts and sizes pictures and other objects on the artboards. This allows the user to have their content automatically adjusted for different screens for different sized platforms such as mobile phones and PC's.
- Plugins: XD is compatible with custom plugins that add additional features and uses. Plugins range from design to functionality, and automation and animation.
- Sketch, a minimalist prototyping tool for macOS
- Lardinois, Frederic (March 14, 2016). "Adobe launches Experience Design CC, a new tool for UX designers". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Rhodes, Margaret (October 18, 2015). "Adobe's Project Comet Is a Start-to-Finish UX Design App". Wired. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Hassan, Mehedi (December 13, 2016). "Adobe XD now available to Windows 10 users in beta". MSPoweruser. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Lardinois, Frederic (October 18, 2017). "Adobe's XD prototyping and wireframing tool is now out of beta". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- "Adobe XD. The New Hope". Futurice. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Create and share designs, layouts, and prototypes quickly | Adobe XD CC". www.adobe.com. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|