184.108.40.206 / January 28, 2019
|Available in||English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Chinese|
Adobe first announced they were developing a new interface design and prototyping tool under the name "Project Comet" at the Adobe MAX conference in October 2015. The first public beta was released for macOS as "Adobe Experience Design CC" to anyone with an Adobe account on March 14, 2016. A beta of Adobe XD was released for Windows 10 on December 13, 2016. On October 18, 2017, Adobe announced that Adobe XD was out of beta.
Adobe XD allows users to create user interfaces for mobile and web applications. XD offers many features that allow creative design and functionality. Many features in XD previously were either hard to use or nonexistent in other Adobe design applications like Illustrator or Photoshop. Adobe XD comes with UI kits for Apple IOS, Microsoft Windows, and Google Material already built in.
The repeat grid tool allows users to duplicate items such as lists, and photo galleries. The repeat grid allows different items to be duplicated as many times as the developer wants with updating that includes autosave.
XD allows users to create animated prototypes through linking artboards. These prototypes can also be previewed on mobile devices.
Integration with Adobe Suite
XD supports and can open files from other application in the adobe creative suite such as Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, and Photoshop Sketch as well as other ourside applicaitons.
Artboards are able to be animated and can be integrated with After Effects CC for more advanced options.
Apps can be designed using voice and speech playback. In addition what users create for smart assistants can be previewed and prototypes as well.
Users can create symbols to represent logos and buttons. Symbols can be used to drag and drop items on to artboards and organized them to be reused.
Responsive resize automatically adjusts and sizes pictures and other objects on the artboards. This allows the user to have their content automatically adjusted for different screens for different sized platforms such as mobile phones and PC's.
XD is compatible with custom plugins that add additional features and uses. Plugins range from design to functionality, and automation and animation.
In addition to the adobe creative suite, XD can also connect to other tools and services such as Slack and Microsoft teams to collaborate. XD is also able to auto adjust and move smoothly from macOS to Windows. For security prototypes can be sent with password protections to ensure full disclosure. 
- Lardinois, Frederic (March 14, 2016). "Adobe launches Experience Design CC, a new tool for UX designers". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Rhodes, Margaret (October 18, 2015). "Adobe's Project Comet Is a Start-to-Finish UX Design App". Wired. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Hassan, Mehedi (December 13, 2016). "Adobe XD now available to Windows 10 users in beta". MSPoweruser. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Lardinois, Frederic (October 18, 2017). "Adobe's XD prototyping and wireframing tool is now out of beta". TechCrunch. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- "Adobe XD. The New Hope". Futurice. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "Create and share designs, layouts, and prototypes quickly | Adobe XD CC". www.adobe.com. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|