6.5 / 3 October 2012
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows 7, OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7|
|Available in||17 languages|
Adobe Contribute (formerly Macromedia Contribute) is a discontinued specialized HTML editor. As its name implies, it is intended to contribute content to existing websites, including blogs. It includes plug-ins for Internet Explorer and Firefox that allow users to make their contributions from within their web browsers. Unlike its sibling, Adobe Dreamweaver, Contribute is not intended to create a website from scratch or engage in web development or web design.
Contribute operates in a client–server model: the website to which it contributes must support accepting additions or editions from Contribute and be able to verify that the person doing is so actually allowed. Built-in WordPress and Blogger support are available in Contribute. In addition, Adobe Dreamweaver can create contribute-friendly websites.
Contribute is designed to inter-operate with Adobe Dreamweaver and other Adobe products. It was included in the Web Premium and the Master Collection editions of Adobe Creative Suite until version 5.5.
- "Adobe Contribute CS4: System Requirements and languages". Adobe Systems. Archived from the original on 17 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- "Adobe Contribute CSS". Adobe. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- Kyrnin, Jennifer. "Adobe Contribute CS4". About.com. Archived from the original on 2011-09-26. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "What is Web Premium?". Adobe. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved 30 July 2010.
- "What is Master Collection?". Adobe. Archived from the original on 29 July 2010. Retrieved 30 July 2010.